Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Darren Mackie Testimonial Dinner

mizer

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2503963

ABERDEEN attacker Darren Mackie has been challenged to win a new contract at Pittodrie.

The 29-year-old will celebrate more than 13 years at the Dons with a testimonial dinner at the Marcliffe Hotel tonight.

Mackie is one of 12 players at Pittodrie who will be out of contract at the end of the season but manager Craig Brown insists the forward, who spent eight months out last season with a cruciate ligament injury, can earn a new deal to extend his stay at his hometown club.

Fuck off Mackie. Your 'display' on Saturday beggared belief. No professional footballer should be able to churn out a display that inept, regardless of what position he was in.

Hopefully this is just niceties from Brown, I would hope he is planning to GMTF in the summer, or January if possible.

Completely agree, and the fact that even Kowalski, who we know to be a staunch MIGer ;) said his performance was pathetic says it all to me. I pray that Brown sees this too, his time is long since up, and he certainly does not have any pace which was his only attribute.

Completely agree, and the fact that even Kowalski, who we know to be a staunch MIGer ;) said his performance was pathetic says it all to me. I pray that Brown sees this too, his time is long since up, and he certainly does not have any pace which was his only attribute.

A mate of mine (Ayr United fan) summed it all up nicely for me:

"Scottish football will continue to be shit as long as clubs like Aberdeen continue to have players like Darren Mackie."

What is it about Aberdeen fans that they feel the need to berate great servants of the club... especially if they are local lads.... I'll never understand it.

Aye, Hewitt, Cooper, Booth, Jess and Simpson all got a shitstorm of abuse.

Don't confuse "great servant" with "guy who has been lucky to get contract after contract".

What is it about Aberdeen fans that they feel the need to berate great servants of the club... especially if they are local lads.... I'll never understand it.

Oh do GTF.

Mackie has never been a 'great servant' for AFC, he has simply tried hard (which should be a given) and ran fast in the past, with one or two important goals dotted around.

Both those attributes are gone, given Saturday's showing.

Get him to fuck.

"lucky" ..... under several managers??! The only one who didn't fancy him was a washed up drunk.

Oh that old excuse. I forgot people can't have an opinion if more than two football managers agree on something.  Amazing you're now taking McGhee's word for something...

And while we're looking at it this way:

Skovdahl: Mackie looked a promising player coming through; speed, decent enough finisher and pretty strong in the air.

Paterson: Didn't want him.

Calderwood: clearly liked him and Mackie had one really good season in particular.  His work rate at the time fitted in with that team.

McGhee: Don't know if he rated him or not. Mackie was under contract and we'd have had a hard time getting rid. He also suffered a bad injury in this time.

Brown: As above. may give him a new contract come January or June but I'd be amazed if he does.

Don't confuse "great servant" with "guy who has been lucky to get contract after contract".

When he is nearing the end of his contract that does seem to be the time that he hits a 'vein of goal scoring form' and ends up with about 8/9 goals a season [maybe even 13 in one season i think]. But isnt that the same as any pro!?

I am not a Mackie hater by any means but he is just so f**king frustrating!!

Lets hope he can get into double figures this season and let Brooner make the decision! After all he is our top SPL scorer  :o

When he is nearing the end of his contract that does seem to be the time that he hits a 'vein of goal scoring form' and ends up with about 8/9 goals a season [maybe even 13 in one season i think]. But isnt that the same as any pro!?

I am not a Mackie hater by any means but he is just so f**king frustrating!!

Lets hope he can get into double figures this season and let Brooner make the decision! After all he is our top SPL scorer  :o

Haha don't get me started on that stat ;)