• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Aberdeen FC open talks over deal with Arnason

Craig Brown hopeful Kari will stay

Published: 23/12/2011

TALKS: Kari Arnason.

ABERDEEN FC confirmed they have made a new contract offer to Icelandic midfielder Kari Arnason.

It has been reported that Aberdeen FC face competition from clubs in France and Greece for Arnason, whose contract expires in the summer.

But manager Craig Brown remains hopeful the player will stay at Pittodrie.

Sure I read a quote somewhere saying he'd like to stay. Just hope that he's not just paying lip service. Cracking player and definitely id like to see playing for us for another few years.

Seen his interview about his contract on Stv the other night. He seemed completely bemused why he hadn't been offered one sooner and if you ask me pretty upset about it too. Wouldn't surprise me if he left, as he was talking about the best possible move for the future etc. like he had kind o made his mind up. Complete speculation on my part, but he definitely wasna happy.

Will be very surprised if Arnason stays. His contract should have been extended long before now but yet again despite Brown saying he would not let things drag we find ourselves in the situation of our players being able to speak to other in clubs in only 6 days and the Dons not having made them any offers.

I dont think that we were ever realistically going to be able to offer him the sort of money which will be on offer elsewhere for a proven international player.

No surprise really but were Dons fans so we have to live in hope that the boy would take leave of his senses and accidentally sign the contract when his agent wasnt looking ;D

Kari Arnason - after the game

"It was brilliant to get the win. The first half was terrible. We were not in it. All over the pitch we did not get close to them. They had way too much time. When we had the ball they were shutting us down so they were just dominant. We got away with murder to be honest but I did think we were quite solid at the back as they did not have a lot of shots on goal. Andrew Considine was brilliant today. He has been brilliant all season and is a key part of the team.

"After the manager and Archie had a word with us during the half time talk we were more up for it and it resulted in a victory today. Mo did well with the header and all credit to him.

"I have had a few shots this season and gone close but they always seem to hit the post or the bar or the backside of the defender. The goal today was sweet!

"The fans today were unbelievable. It seemed as if we had more fans than they did and it was like playing in front of a home crowd which is incredible.

"My goal was for them basically.

"I have always said I would be happy to stay at Aberdeen but there is nothing new on the contract front at the moment. I have talked about it recently with the media and there is nothing new to say. We will just have to wait patiently and see what happens."

‘Aberdeen FC will not be held to ransom over Arnason’

Craig Brown’s contract warning

By Sean Wallace

Published: 04/01/2012

Bookmark with:

ON TARGET: Kari Arnason celebrates his goal against Dundee United.

CRAIG Brown today warned Aberdeen FC will not break the bank in their bid to re-sign Kari Arnason.

Brown wants to retain the Icelandic international who is out of contract in the summer.

Talks have begun, but the Aberdeen FC boss insists he will not smash the Pittodrie wage structure to keep Arnason.

Great, thanks.

I think Der Huns will take Arnason >:(

They'll punt Davis back south for circa £3 or 4 million, offer us £50k for Arnie now, double his current Aberdeen wage, which even then will probably only be about a quarter of what they are currently paying Davis.

Hope to fuck I'm wrong, but just saying  ::)

They'll punt Davis back south for circa £3 or 4 million, offer us £50k for Arnie now, double his current Aberdeen wage, which even then will probably only be about a quarter of what they are currently paying Davis.

You just Fucked up my Night putting that in my Head!! :(

Aye me too. Cheers for ruining my day.  :

Who the fuck pissed on your chips!  :hammer:

Honestly, we have a positive result and someone has to go and ruin it :( You're probably right as well :(