Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Darren Mackie Testimonial

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crowd of 9800 apparently. Some good football but fuck all up front which could be a concern. Think we could be doing with that flair striker sooner rather than later, but it's a long time till the window slams shut.

Good to hear milsom was apparently good again and losing just one goal is probably 3 or 4 less than what would have happened last year.

Not a brilliant game but we played some decent stuff in spells, with some nice passing..  Pawlett looked particularly good in the first half but Milson was our best player.

Mackie missed an absolute sitter in the second half  :doh:

A good night for him though and not a bad turn out.

Wonder when we'll next see a testimonial at Pittodrie?  Could be a long time!

They need to sort the PA system out at Pittodrie.  Inside the concourse it is far too loud, but in the stadium you can't make out what he's saying - I had no idea who was coming on as substitutes for either side!  :hammer:

A decent crowd for a decent game. Villareal didn't even come close to getting out of first gear though.

We had some pretty impressive play let down badly by terrible options upfront.

Mackie's sitter was very Mackie-eske, as well as his decision to glance his head onto a ball about 12 yards out.

Foster looked better than he was before.

Might have been sent off in a real game though. :o

Indeed. In the first couple of minutes as well...

Thought he came on to a really good game though, and got a standing ovation when he went off. For the first few mins I thought he was lacking in pace, but the fact that he reads the game so well makes up for that.

Milsom looked very strong. Always wanting the ball, and the partnership of him and Osbourne looked very strong. After a slow start, Osbourne really got into the game - winning the ball with strong challenges, before passing on to Milsom.

Pawlett alos looked very good - if he stays fit, he will be a major player for us this year. He glided past his opponents on many occasions.

Gonzalez made a couple of good saves in goal, while Foster, considine, jack and Robertson were solid. Vernon was poor, mackie got into some good positions and prob should have scored. Maggenis when he came on looked sharp - set up a good chance for Mackie through determination.

All in all - a good performance, and i THINK WE

Doesn't take much to get you excited manc  ;)

:lolabove:

What can I say, I enjoy life ;)

From reading elsewhere, it would appear that Vernon was completely off the pace? He was never good at holding the ball up anyway, maybe why Brown is looking for a "flair" striker.

Also, was the new singing section in place for this game?

Where has PP been getting played.  Was getting frustrated at seeing him in the middle and on the left last season as he always looked more dangerous on the right but not sure if his injuries and lack of fitness were holding him back a bit.

Great to hear he is back on form as 2yrs ago he looked like a real prospect, in fact I may have said he was the most exciting youth player since Jess.