Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Stone Roses set to rake in loads of bucks

fatjim

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok old boy, who was better from the same time?

From the same time, or still actively playing at the same time?

Either way I could list many, many better artists, of almost any genre from classical to "heavy" to "pop" to R and B (When it meant rhythm and blues not rubbish and black) psychadelia, new wave, punk, rap............do I really need to go on?

Oh, but "boy bands" were all total shite!  :thumbsup:

The Charlatans are a better band than them, as are the Scream Team and Blur as you say.

For as much as I love The Charlatans, and I do really love The Charlatans.  They must have released as many bad albums as they have great ones.

In fact I'm beginning to wish they'd just stop doing so, so that they don't tip the scale in the wrong direction.

For as much as I love The Charlatans, and I do really love The Charlatans.  They must have released as many bad albums as they have great ones.

In fact I'm beginning to wish they'd just stop doing so, so that they don't tip the scale in the wrong direction.

Nonsense. WWT, Simpatico, UATL are poor in my view. That would suggest they only have 3 great albums. That's bollocks.  Run of 5 starting with Up To Our Hips was fantastic. Some Friendly is a great album too.

Nonsense. WWT, Simpatico, UATL are poor in my view. That would suggest they only have 3 great albums. That's bollocks.  Run of 5 starting with Up To Our Hips was fantastic. Some Friendly is a great album too.

Here fishy-fishy.  ;D

The albums they had from Some Friendly up to and including Wonderland I've listened to on repeat for the past 20 years.  That's probably why I've seen the band (at a guess) around 20 times.

The albums since then I really can take or leave them.  In fact after a new one comes out I'll give it a good few listens to see if it's a grower then it'll start gathering dust.

'Songs From The Other Side' I'd have in my Desert Island Discs any day of the week because it has everything from that era and a whole lot more (The Chemical Brother stuff) and that's a B-Side and rarities album!  I'm sure they'd manage to compile a good second 'Best Of' since 'Melting Pot' but albumwise they're just not coming close for me.

To be honest, it's taken me around 5 years to admit that to myself.  :-\

Here fishy-fishy.  ;D

Great.

::)

'Songs From The Other Side' I'd have in my Desert Island Discs any day of the week because it has everything from that era and a whole lot more (The Chemical Brother stuff) and that's a B-Side and rarities album!  I'm sure they'd manage to compile a good second 'Best Of' since 'Melting Pot' but albumwise they're just not coming close for me.

I was going to mention Songs From the Other Side but it's a collection of songs over a period of time rather than a bonafide album in the normal sense, as is being discussed here. But it is probably the album I listen to most; Back room window is up there with One To Another for me.

Burgess has to start back on the substances again in my opinion. But to take this back to the topic, the run of albums they had at their peak defines and cements their greatness (as does the standad of their gigs), something that the roses will likely never be able to match.

Great.

::)

Cheer up sleepy dreams, just pulling your plonker.

But to take this back to the topic, the run of albums they had at their peak defines and cements their greatness (as does the standad of their gigs), something that the roses will likely never be able to match.

That's why I said 'I'm beginning to wish they'd just stop (releasing new albums), so that they don't tip the scale in the wrong direction'.

Burgess getting hitched and moving to LA seems to have been the turning point for me.  A messy divorce and a fair amount of gear should get them back on track.  Otherwise they should step aside for the big boys.

One love BB.  ;)