Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Helen 15/01/11

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the way he goes about it though, trying to win the ball back, dives in, giving fouls away, I like the effort but the boy needs to use his brain.

That will come with age. He is developing and improving each season and this will also develop and improve.

Who's been better?

Vernon has been much more consistent, his take downs are really good, flick ons are decent too and he is grabbing goals, Maguire?  Well he has had a good last few months, work rate is up, he is scoring (now and then) he needs to be stronger and stop pulling out of tackles.

RDU, he has played over 120 games in the last 5 years, should he not have learned by now?

Anyways off to the cinema now, will debate later.

Just watched the goals on RedTV.

First one was a great ball from McArdle to Maguire who took it down very well. Looked to me as though it was going straight in but I suppose Vernon was as well making sure.

Second was pretty similar with good play from Maguire on the left and Vernon couldn't miss.

COYR

Mini, I think you've just answered Funster's point though. Maguire sets up Vernon's goals.

Nope, Maguire hasn't set up that many in my memory, and what I am saying is that had Maguire looked up to see Vernon wide open he'd have set up one then but he didn't.

Yep, your not wrong there. He played well today and good on the lad. A decent 2 nil result for the team and now as Scott Davie said, we can finally start looking up the table rather than looking at the teams below us!

Just shows how much of a shambles this season has been when Broon and Knox has doubled the points tally in 4 games that McGhee and Leitch brought us in 16!  :-\

Maguire was really poor in the first half, defenders dream, second half on the wing he played better, two good balls, one outstanding actually, the other a shot but never mind, how someone could give him MOTM is a strange one, Young or Considine for me.

Young was decent enough, without really doing much.  His tackle for they yellow he got looked pretty reckless and dangerous too...

As for Maguire being poor first half, he did plenty good things and plenty bad things, but you will expect that from any forward.  He was involved in pretty much everything, unlike Vernon in the first half.  Again, throughout the second half he was involved in just about everything.  Between him and Vernon we have one of the best partnerships we have had in a few years. 

Not to worry though, MiniJC and the people surrounding him all saw the real Maguire, while the bebo chants rang round the rest of the people who are obviously clueless about football compared to them.