Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Helen 15/01/11

What did you make of Milsom? Did he look as good as the radio suggested?

Passing good.  Shooting looked decent.  Liked to run with the ball.  Touch was a bit off and he seemed to fall out of the game a wee bit more late on, but with more match time, it looks like he could be a coup.  If he is good as he looked today, hope we sign him on extended terms asap...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you make of Milsom? Did he look as good as the radio suggested?

Started off very slowly but seemed to come into the game more and more before fading a bit in the latter stages. Obviously lacks a bit of match fitness but that will come. A decent left foot on him, a good range of passing and not afraid to take a man on. Just needs a couple of games to really settle in and I think he could prove to be a useful player in our squad.

How he would fit in had Hartely and Aluko been playing, thats up to Broon!

Maguire was really poor in the first half, defenders dream, second half on the wing he played better, two good balls, one outstanding actually, the other a shot but never mind, how someone could give him MOTM is a strange one, Young or Considine for me.

Maguire was really poor in the first half, defenders dream, second half on the wing he played better, two good balls, one outstanding actually, the other a shot but never mind, how someone could give him MOTM is a strange one, Young or Considine for me.

Once more in direct conflict to everyone else at the game.

Megayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Once more in direct conflict to everyone else at the game.

Megayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Guy's around me in the RDS even called it, he is too lightweight, brushed off the ball with ease and pretty petulant behaviour that almost got him sent off.

Sorry, Mini, I live in the present (despite my advancing years) and the feedback I got on the telephone (new fangled thingmy) from my friends who have season tickets and go to ALL the games is that Maguire, as of now, is playing damn well. That's all I am interested in, how he plays NOW.

Get off your agenda, or get laid.

But if you are dishing out new deals on current form then every player who have upped there game since McGhee left then they should all get a decent extension too?  A new contract should be based on your last season, season and a half.

Thing is though TF, some folk think he is better than Goodwillie, there are some who reckon he could cut it in the EPL, they are just fickle as fuck in MY opinion.

But if you are dishing out new deals on current form then every player who have upped there game since McGhee left then they should all get a decent extension too?  A new contract should be based on your last season, season and a half.

Thing is though TF, some folk think he is better than Goodwillie, there are some who reckon he could cut it in the EPL, they are just fickle as fuck in MY opinion.

No-one has said Maguire is good enough for the EPL. I think he's as good as Goodwillie on current form though I don't think they are likely to play in exactly the same role. He's also a young player who's played under a complete idiot for 18 months, so I presume it follows you believe no-one at the club merits a new contract, given 18 months worth of form.

But please, spend a bit of time trawling for all the examples of folk saying Maguire can cut it in the EPL. 

Guy's around me in the RDS even called it, he is too lightweight, brushed off the ball with ease and pretty petulant behaviour that almost got him sent off.

Christ. Once again your hatred blinds the fact that he has a good game. Can't handle admitting that he had a good game.

Petulant behaviour? Yes. Almost got him sent off? No.

So despite him setting up two goals on a plate and everything we did good today he was central to that, you still somehow find a reason to fault the boy? He also played upfront in the second half you know.

It seems that no matter what the boy does he will never be good enough for you, he burst his gut today (as he has been doing all season), played well, was a constant menace to the St. Mirren defence and set up two goals (he probably would have had one if Vernon hadn't touched it in) and was the main difference between the sides IMO.

Take that chip off your shoulder that you seem to have with the boy and give credit where credit is due.

Christ. Once again your hatred blinds the fact that he has a good game. Can't handle admitting that he had a good game.

Petulant behaviour? Yes. Almost got him sent off? No.

So despite him setting up two goals on a plate and everything we did good today he was central to that, you still somehow find a reason to fault the boy? He also played upfront in the second half you know.

It seems that no matter what the boy does he will never be good enough for you, he burst his gut today (as he has been doing all season), played well, was a constant menace to the St. Mirren defence and set up two goals (he probably would have had one if Vernon hadn't touched it in) and was the main difference between the sides IMO.

Take that chip off your shoulder that you seem to have with the boy and give credit where credit is due.

I have given him credit, I just disagreed with him being MOTM when clearly he was god awful in the first half, also you must've missed the attempted elbow in the first half near the south stand on the halfway line and you must've missed his kick at Mair in the second half after he was brushed to the ground?

Maguire is hitting a bit of form just now. Yes he doesnt score a lot of goals but some of the other work he does on the pitch is the best Ive personally seen from him. Not all strikers bang in the goals for fun eg Lee Miller. Thats what Vernon's role is. Miller did a lot of other stuff other than scoring the odd goal every now and again - mainly diving. Maguire today played better when he was out wide. Didnt play well in the 1st half at all. But when he was out on the wing his performance improved.

On a side note Milsom played quite well.

I have given him credit, I just disagreed with him being MOTM when clearly he was god awful in the first half, also you must've missed the attempted elbow in the first half near the south stand on the halfway line and you must've missed his kick at Mair in the second half after he was brushed to the ground?

Attempted elbow my arse. I like your choice of word 'brushed'. Fits in with your agenda against Maguire nicely. Him and Mair both went for the ball, both fell on their arses and Maguire petulantly flicked a boot out, which Mair didn't even notice and the ref didnt deem to be anything, not even a talking too.

The first half was a scrappy and unentertaining affair which seemed to suit St. Mirrens defence far more. Mostly punting high balls into the box, do you honestely expect Maguire to be winning high balls against Mair and Potter? Both teams were comfotable and cancelling each other out.  In the second half, when we started getting balls to feet, we saw an improved performance from not just Maguire but Magennis (who didn't do much but escapes your scathing criticism), Jack and Vernon.

Attempted elbow my arse. I like your choice of word 'brushed'. Fits in with your agenda against Maguire nicely. Him and Mair both went for the ball, both fell on their arses and Maguire petulantly flicked a boot out, which Mair didn't even notice and the ref didnt deem to be anything, not even a talking too.

The first half was a scrappy and unentertaining affair which seemed to suit St. Mirrens defence far more. Mostly punting high balls into the box, do you honestely expect Maguire to be winning high balls against Mair and Potter? Both teams were comfotable and cancelling each other out.  In the second half, when we started getting balls to feet, we saw an improved performance from not just Maguire but Magennis (who didn't do much but escapes your scathing criticism), Jack and Vernon.

No but I expect Maguire to put up a bit of fight when a defender is near him, instead he loses the ball then goes diving in or runs about like a school kid, also it would be good if he didn't pull out of tackles, he will do himself a serious injury playing in that style, 5 tackles today he bottled out of.

As for Magennis, he isn't a winger, tries too hard trying to impress, I thought he should have been subbed at half time or switched with Maguire.

No but I expect Maguire to put up a bit of fight when a defender is near him, instead he loses the ball then goes diving in or runs about like a school kid, also it would be good if he didn't pull out of tackles, he will do himself a serious injury playing in that style, 5 tackles today he bottled out of.

So you don't want him to put a bit of effort into try and win the ball back? I can't judge you on his tackling style as I can't recall any particular incidents.

As for Magennis, he isn't a winger, tries too hard trying to impress, I thought he should have been subbed at half time or switched with Maguire.

He was switched with Maguire for a good spell in the second half.