Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Brown's transfer funds

Where's all the money coming from for these deals?  There seems to be a lot more coming in than going out under Brown than there was under McGhee?  Or are we yet to find out about people that will be shipped out this month?

Have the board backed Brown more than they backed McGhee?  Or would McGhee have had the same amount of money at this transfer window?  Does anybody care?  ???

Maybe the board realise they need to provide more funds to ensure we avoid relegation.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the board realise they need to provide more funds to ensure we avoid relegation.

This.

Was Broon was savvy enough to negotiate them as part of the deal for coming up?

And this.

The board thought they could cut yet more corners and blame it on the fact Setanta went tits up.  That failed, we were heading for the drop and they realised for once they'd have to spend money but only after Brown twisted their arms.

I don't have too many complaints about McGhee's dealings in the transfer market, he brought in some dross but he also brought in some good players. It was his tactics and unhappiness of the squad I had issue with.

I'd be surprised if a couple of players didn't leave the club in Jan although I doubt we'll be paying much money to any player who comes in this month.

I don't have too many complaints about McGhee's dealings in the transfer market, he brought in some dross but he also brought in some good players. It was his tactics and unhappiness of the squad I had issue with.

Agree with this.

Folly, Hartley, Vernon, McCardle suggest otherwise  :wave:

All good signings imo

He clearly has been given more money to spend and I suspect its down to Brown and Knox demanding it as part of them signing contracts.

Fair play its win win for the fans in that regard, decent management team and they've already managed to persuade the board to spend a little.

Not sure if McGhee would have been given the same money or not and also unsure he could really be trusted but don't really care to be honest. Irrelevant now.

As for McGhee's signings overall, well they were mixed. Folly, Hartley, Vernon and McArdle are all decent signing at our level. Ifil has not worked out and a couple of the others look poor but most managers have a few mistakes in the transfer market its just noticed much more at a small club with a tight budget.

I suspect that the purse was pulled on McGhee but not because of the quality of his signings but for the quality of his management. The Board must have seen the writing on the wall last season and cut his hands off as a result.

I suspect that the purse was pulled on McGhee but not because of the quality of his signings but for the quality of his management. The Board must have seen the writing on the wall last season and cut his hands off as a result.

I suppose its all about opinions but I don't think there's much credence in the theory the board based the budget on last year's performance. They had reduced his budget before he even took the job, compared to the previous manager, and the chairman told us budgets are prepared for the next 3 years etc.

Its obvious they have realised that most clubs get a strong base and then flood the team with good youth products where as we had no base and tried to do it. We're financially fked and Milne must have decided to take a hit - either that or they are spending the semi final dosh.

How much money do you want to put on that MT?

I know for a  ;DFACT;D that we arnt paying a penny for Velicka

ill wager both personal pride AND handsomeness that we are not getting away scot-free wage wise out of the deal

whether it's officially down as us paying fosters percentage of velickas wage, i dont know, but we're definitely paying a wage