Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Jamie Smith

Interesting the bit about unfinished business with us. Would welcome him back tomorrow with open arms, if he'd accept a pay as you play deal :thumbsup:

The Rapid resurgence of former Don Smith

Published: 18/12/2010

FORMER Aberdeen attacker Jamie Smith is relishing life in the United States, but admits to having unfinished business with the Dons.

The 30-year-old has enjoyed a successful switch to MLS side Colorado Rapids and played a key role in the Denver club’s championship-winning campaign this year.

Smith left Pittodrie in the summer of 2009 and, although not ready to head home yet, he hopes to return some day.

The former Celtic player, who spend four years with the Dons, said: “One thing I’ve learned as a footballer is you never know what is around the corner.

“I have been keeping tabs on how things are going at Aberdeen and I’ve got so many friends there.

“The club and the supporters deserve to be better-placed than where they are now, so I hope they can pull themselves out of it.

“I’m still really enjoying it at Colorado but it would be nice to come back one day.”

Smith’s time at the Dons was blighted by injury and he suffered serious knee-ligament damage in his first season in the States.

He returned to fitness for the 2010 campaign and is loving life in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains.

He said: “When my contract ran down at Aberdeen and I had the chance to go out to the States, it was a bit of a gamble.

“I went in not knowing what to expect but it’s been thoroughly enjoyable.

“It’s been great. We won the championship which was a massive thing and pretty unexpected, but it was certainly welcome.”

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2058627#ixzz18g4Y2cxm

On his day a very good player for us. And his long range goals against the Huns and Copenhagen will live long in the memory.

Only concern would be his fitness. But if he'd got over that, then I'd have him back.

We need someone for the Right wing role anyway. Because our over reliance on Peter 'sicknote' Pawlett is rediculous.

I dont think Jamie will ever get over his fitness problems. On that basis, its a no unless he's daft enough to take a pay as you play deal.

Indeed, pay as you play is the only way he should be signed - but as you allude only a fool with the injury problems he has would agree to that.