Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Un-named players comments in the record

i'm going fir made up. If its one thing MM cant be blamed for is lack of passion.

I hate those rags and NEVER take anything in them at face value.

Mind u. My bet would be diamond giving this statement, if its true.

Nah he would not say those things to the media. He would just post it on Facebook.

I don't care which players it was that came out with the comments, if they are true it's shocking just how bad things have been behind the scenes.  And if the management team didnt give a fuck or want to be there then it certainly explains the apathy from the players, even if it doesnt excuse it.

I imagine the only reason the players havent been named is because the club have told them not to talk.

This section sums it all up for me

The core of Jimmy Calderwood’s squad never took to McGhee.

Those players were unconvinced from the start and disillusioned at the end.

It may be players who get managers the sack but they are also the ones who get clubs relegated.

The new manager will have to somehow unite this fractured, apathetic bunch before it is too late.

Langfield, Maguire, Diamond, Aluko all jimmys boys. And there is no doubt none of them have turned in a performance for Mcghee.

Thats a lot of players not pulling their weight. I only deal in facts, stats and anything else i use to base my opinions on. Somthing that is actually lost on the majority.  :thumbsup:

Guest leith_red

This section sums it all up for me

The core of Jimmy Calderwood’s squad never took to McGhee.

Those players were unconvinced from the start and disillusioned at the end.

It may be players who get managers the sack but they are also the ones who get clubs relegated.

The new manager will have to somehow unite this fractured, apathetic bunch before it is too late.

But if he was as a good a manager as you seem to think, he should have been able to convince those players, and get them playing for him.

Well we are second bottom of the league and shipping goals left right and center. If you need further proof have a look over the highlights for the last few games, its fairly apparant who gives a fuck and who doesnt  :

I think this is a difficult one. On the one hand, yes you can lay the blame at the players doors for not giving a fuck, robbing a weekly wage from AFC, spunking it in Tiger Tiger on a Saturday night and not performing to their expected/desired ability. On the other hand, you can blame our former manager for our current inadequacies, for not motivating the team, not weeding out these players and taking the appropriate action against them, not cuddling them like big bairns or for just not having a good enough team in place. In my own personal opinion, it is somewhere a combination of both. Our manager has now gone but I still believe that this squad IS better than what it is showing. I also believe that what can be construed as a lack of effort is actually a lack of clue of how to play and organisation which stems from the management team. I wouldn't be stunned at all if this sacking has given the players the kick up the arse they desperately needed but also I believe that 'Jimmy's boys' are not in fact his boys, they are professional footballers who have lost their way, much like the entire squad (who in your opinion, may/may not be 'Jimmy's boys'), under McGhee's tenure.

But if he was as a good a manager as you seem to think, he should have been able to convince those players, and get them playing for him.

Think you need to check your research brutha.........I have never once said or have indicated that Mcghee is a good manager  :thumbsup:

I think this is a difficult one. On the one hand, yes you can lay the blame at the players doors for not giving a fuck, robbing a weekly wage from AFC, spunking it in Tiger Tiger on a Saturday night and not performing to their expected/desired ability. On the other hand, you can blame our former manager for our current inadequacies, for not motivating the team, not weeding out these players and taking the appropriate action against them, not cuddling them like big bairns or for just not having a good enough team in place. In my own personal opinion, it is somewhere a combination of both. Our manager has now gone but I still believe that this squad IS better than what it is showing. I also believe that what can be construed as a lack of effort is actually a lack of clue of how to play and organisation which stems from the management team. I wouldn't be stunned at all if this sacking has given the players the kick up the arse they desperately needed but also I believe that 'Jimmy's boys' are not in fact his boys, they are professional footballers who have lost their way, much like the entire squad (who in your opinion, may/may not be 'Jimmy's boys'), under McGhee's tenure.

My only wish is they start behaving and acting like professional footballers.

They are paid to do a job and they are simply not doing it, Mcghee to blame? Of course but not for everything and that shouldnt be forgotten -

We are going to have to hope the same players who got us into our current slump finally pull their socks up and earn their wages.

We have players still at the club - who dont want to be here - the new manager must get rid of these players. I dont envy his task - whoever the poor cunt may be