Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is everyone remembering that we are not paying either players wages ?

I suspect that it is not a balanced deal under those terms and as is always the case with the OF, they are likely in control.

Although we are not being able to benefit from Fosters apparent sudden brilliance on the park, we have his wage off the bill and Velicka is free.

I suspect that it is not a balanced deal under those terms and as is always the case with the OF, they are likely in control.

Although we are not being able to benefit from Fosters apparent sudden brilliance on the park, we have his wage off the bill and Velicka is free.

"Apparent sudden brilliance" as defined by the "better than fuck all" index.

Has this actually been confirmed anywhere? As far as I'm aware it hasnt been and could well be nothing but rumours that seem to have been confirmed by nothing but repetition.

Has this actually been confirmed anywhere? As far as I'm aware it hasnt been and could well be nothing but rumours that seem to have been confirmed by nothing but repetition.

Entirely possible. In the absence of fact, I'll just form my opinion on my belief.  ;)

That's NEVER stopped Aberdeen fans believing total shite before... and probably never will.

You would have to ask yourself where the logic would be in the move otherwise. McGhee was doing everything to reduce the current wage bill. This deal would be an opportunity to get a player in and reduce the bill by £1500-2000 a week. It's the only sensible explanation as to why McGhee agreed to it.

You would have to ask yourself where the logic would be in the move otherwise. McGhee was doing everything to reduce the current wage bill. This deal would be an opportunity to get a player in and reduce the bill by £1500-2000 a week. It's the only sensible explanation as to why McGhee agreed to it.

I think I see the flaw in your argument here.

:lolabove: Thinking the same but surely even McGhee would have seen how daft a deal that would be for us? Surely?

Exactly. He made some poor decisions and managed the players badly but he is not an idiot. We agreed to that deal for genuine reasons and they were nothing to do with 'Foster being a hun' or Smith having some sort of magic power over our chairman.

Exactly. He made some poor decisions and managed the players badly but he is not an idiot. We agreed to that deal for genuine reasons and they were nothing to do with 'Foster being a hun' or Smith having some sort of magic power over our chairman.

This is the most pathetic thing I have heard regarding this whole deal. "I'm nae sikin foster back as he played for i huns." Nothing to do with lack of footballing ability. Oh and thats not aimed at you either.

I just wonder if Mcghee thought that Velicka was too good a signing to miss and Mcardle would be a good RB. Obviously not worked out that way but a fully fit Velicka would have been a good signing for us IMO.

This is the most pathetic thing I have heard regarding this whole deal. "I'm nae sikin foster back as he played for i huns." Nothing to do with lack of footballing ability. Oh and thats not aimed at you either.

Totally agree, I put it in quotation marks to demonstrate that it has been a view touted around, certainly not mine. Utterly fucking ridiculous.

I just wonder if Mcghee thought that Velicka was too good a signing to miss and Mcardle would be a good RB. Obviously not worked out that way but a fully fit Velicka would have been a good signing for us IMO.

We're all guessing after the event but I think that's probably spot on for the thought process. Remember he was desperately trying to ship out others still to get Basey in as a fullback up to this point. Bring in a potentially good goalscorer, secure a fullback plus knock 2k/week off the wages and bobs your uncle. As it happens it got even better than Basey as the vuj arrived for no wages.

There after he just couldn't get them shaped into a team

So does anybody think we'll see Velicka in an Aberdeen shirt again? I personally would rather we stuck with the likes of Magennis than attempt to get this guy fit. I have to admit I had high hopes for him when he signed but he just can't get fit and now we have got to this point in the season I don't see the benefit in keeping him. I would be happy enough if he was sent back to the huns even if Foster stayed there, we are wasting our time with Velicka.

So does anybody think we'll see Velicka in an Aberdeen shirt again? I personally would rather we stuck with the likes of Magennis than attempt to get this guy fit. I have to admit I had high hopes for him when he signed but he just can't get fit and now we have got to this point in the season I don't see the benefit in keeping him. I would be happy enough if he was sent back to the huns even if Foster stayed there, we are wasting our time with Velicka.

It looked like he didn't want to be here, and I'm guessing that Brown saw the same thing. Fuck him. It ain't costing us, let him rot.

I would rather he rotted in Govan than with us. If his attitude stinks then ship him out, don't need someone like that having a negative effect on our team especially the youngsters in the squad.

So, are we saying that this players career is effectively over?  If he is'nt willing to pull his finger out for a team who have essentially given him a second chance to get fit and prove he is the goal scorer he once was, meanwhile touting himself at his national team, whilst essentially still injured,  surely NO ONE will want to sign a player with that poor attitude and porcelaine legs.

As pure speculation, maybe walter smith was testing the boys mettle out by punting him elsewhere to see how he would cope?  Now that he's done fuck all with us, walter smith now knows Velicka's true worth. Nothing, totally zero. Nae even a worth a penny chew and a sherbet dib dab.

So, are we saying that this players career is effectively over?  If he is'nt willing to pull his finger out for a team who have essentially given him a second chance to get fit and prove he is the goal scorer he once was, meanwhile touting himself at his national team, whilst essentially still injured,  surely NO ONE will want to sign a player with that poor attitude and porcelaine legs.

As pure speculation, maybe walter smith was testing the boys mettle out by punting him elsewhere to see how he would cope?  Now that he's done fuck all with us, walter smith now knows Velicka's true worth. Nothing, totally zero. Nae even a worth a penny chew and a sherbet dib dab.

Yeah that's pretty much what I am saying, if what we are hearing about his attitude it true. It was a case of we thought we were offered a deal where it was too good to turn down but in the shining light of day it has bitten us squarely on the ass.