Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New signings

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ifil goes on loan and Basey is decent then that'll be a good enough swap for me.

I think Ifil's wages could be a problem though. Seem to remember hearing he was the highest paid player at the club.

Basey seems to be a left back too.

Surely thats wishful thinking. I wouldn't have thought that McGhee would let one of his own signings go out on loan?

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm starting to feel positive about AFC again. Things seem to be moving in the right direction. Finally.

Surely thats wishful thinking. I wouldn't have thought that McGhee would let one of his own signings go out on loan?

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm starting to feel positive about AFC again. Things seem to be moving in the right direction. Finally.

Yea I'd say it is wishful thinking but I'd say he is a weak link.

I'm starting to feel positive again a wee bit too. This training thing in Cove and well as stuff with the new stadium progressing (albeit in typically Council fashion), Hartley and a few players who look solid enough with Pawlett, Consi (kinda) and Aluko back to fitness as well as our opening fixtures all add up to me feeling cautiously optimistic. As you say, finally.

Guest ally s

If Ifil goes on loan and Basey is decent then that'll be a good enough swap for me.

I think Ifil's wages could be a problem though. Seem to remember hearing he was the highest paid player at the club.

Basey seems to be a left back too.

I don't think any of our established 1st team defenders will be sent out on loan.

I reckon Megginson and possibly 1 other player will be sent out on loan so we can sign Basey up.

I don't think any of our established 1st team defenders will be sent out on loan.

I reckon Megginson and possibly 1 other player will be sent out on loan so we can sign Basey up.

Megginson must be on buttons though. I think he will go on loan but can't see that freeing up any more than £500 a week.

Guest ally s

Megginson must be on buttons though. I think he will go on loan but can't see that freeing up any more than £500 a week.

True, I'm hoping Mackie gets punted but doubt very much that will happen.

as well as our opening fixtures all add up to me feeling cautiously optimistic.

This is the real trick though.  The best set of opening fixtures in recent memory and we have to get off to a flier.  Remember all of us moaning about always getting Hibs/Hertz/Huns/Sellick first game of the season, and then we got ICT at home... we were all delighted, and then they pumped us. If we don't hit the ground running this time it could turn out to be a long season. Again.

This is the real trick though.  The best set of opening fixtures in recent memory and we have to get off to a flier.  Remember all of us moaning about always getting Hibs/Hertz/Huns/Sellick first game of the season, and then we got ICT at home... we were all delighted, and then they pumped us. If we don't hit the ground running this time it could turn out to be a long season. Again.

Of course, I think 9 points from the first three games is reasonable. Obviously we could have gelling problems similar to what Accies had when we pumped them 0-3 at the start of last season. I'm fairly confident we'll do well.

I reserve the right to retract the above statement once we open with three draws.

:-\

I think this season, i'm not going to predict how many points we should/could/will claim in the opening games. I want to try avoid any potential disappointment :( It would be great if we could pick up a couple of wins in our opening games. Hopefully having hartley (a winner) in the team as el Capitano will hopefully inspire the rest of the team to find their winning mentality.

Guest ally s

Ifil has established himself as nothing more than a very mediocre player.

Maybe so but we don't have adequate cover to allow us to send the likes of Ifil out on loan.

Guest ally s

We dont have adequate cover if he stays.

Great, so we agree that it's highly unlikely that any of our established 1st team defenders will be getting loaned out?

Yes, he is a poor player but are we stuck with him? Mark's Dross can presumably be shipped out much the same as Jimmy's.

True enough, but whether through choice or not, it seemed at times last season, McGhee would play players out of principle. I can't see one of his purchases being shipped out purely on that fact alone. Just my observations mind.

Also, I know I'm probably over thinking this, but who knows how the team may improve purely by having a person who knows how to win and talk players through games. I'm not expecting miracles, but Kerr knew fuck all about football or being a captain. We may just see a difference in the team :hereshopingsmilie: