Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lee Hendrie

Boss McGhee said: " We're not quite over the line with Paul but obviously he wouldn't be here if he wasn't going to come and I'm very excited about it. He would be a big, big asset to us.

"He's a quality player, a great pro, and if we could get him on board he would bring the likes of Fraser Fyvie and Peter Pawlett along.

"Paul's a potential captain but obviously Zander Diamond has taken that role so far and I'd have to take that into account."

The move for Hartley is likely to spell the end of interest in Lee Hendrie.

McGhee explained: "It was always going to be the case of whatever deal fell into place first would get done.

"Obviously, we don't have the finances to sign all our targets.

From the Daily Record today  :hammer:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK if it was H or H, either or, would it not be worth getting Ahmed now?

From reports I heard he's worth a shot in the SPL

Yip Ahmed and Williams, forget Hendrie.  Time to give youth a chance.  Repeating what was said before we dont want a Noel Whealan turning up, although would be great to sign all, that would do nicely.

OK if it was H or H, either or, would it not be worth getting Ahmed now?

From reports I heard he's worth a shot in the SPL

but he left because he had other things to pursue, may not be available/fancy it.  We also got Folly, MM said Hartley will be predominantly defensive minded, would we really need Ahmed? I don't think so.

ee-back-thumb.jpg

Probably pish though.

Anyone bought an EE today to see what Hendrie has actually said? The deals for Hartley, Folly and Vernon have been concluded so efficiently and professionaly by AFC. This one has been messed up though. Should never have had him pictured on official site wearing AFC top, official site referrring to him as 'new signing' in thge Dunfermline report etc...

Please just get him signed, and we will make up for his wages (in some form) by season ticket sales. if the deal is off, then just tell us ajnd move on.

Lee Hendrie waiting for call from Aberdeen FC

Midfielder Lee ‘is in the dark’

By Charlie Allan with Aberdeen FC in England

Published: 29/07/2010

HANGING ON: Lee Hendrie is waiting for a phone call from Aberdeen FC.

More Pictures

LEE Hendrie today admitted he’s waiting by his phone desperate to come to Aberdeen FC.

The midfielder has been hanging on for more than a week hoping Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee will call to seal a deal.

Free agent Hendrie looked certain to become an Aberdeen player after impressing in the 1-0 pre-season loss at Dunfermline, but the transfer stalled as the Dons pursued Paul Hartley.

Hendrie, 33, now wants a final answer from the club

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1848422#ixzz0v4Dp23H0

No quotes, no nothing. Surprise surprise.

Having both Hendrie and Hartley in midfield would make a huge difference IMHO.  It would almost be seen as a successful transfer window.

I'd say it would be seen as a successful transfer window. But we still need a left back.

Hopefully the club can sort it out sooner rather than later. It would give the fans/players/club some much needed confidence! They seem to have dealt quite well with the transfers this summer. Keep it up AFC  :thumbsup:

We can't pay the guy if we don't have the money to do so Dave.

I know, but i'm sure the money could be found. Create some optimism, raise sales, get the money back, etc...

Maybe even win some games too.

But I suppose, this is AFC.

ANYHOW:

Dear Wiggy/Miller/Whoever is holidng the purse strings.

Sign Hendrie and i'll buy a season ticket.

Regards,

dave_min

(p.s. Can you buy a left back too)

I know, but i'm sure the money could be found. Create some optimism, raise sales, get the money back, etc...

Maybe even win some games too.

But I suppose, this is AFC.

ANYHOW:

Dear Wiggy/Miller/Whoever is holidng the purse strings.

Sign Hendrie and i'll buy a season ticket.

Regards,

dave_min

(p.s. Can you buy a left back too)

:thumbsup:

To be fair, its amazing that they seem to find the money when they REALLY need to. They'd probably be able to avoid random splashes of cash if they invested more wisely. But hey ho, onwards and upwards.

:AFC:

They may also be thinking towards the January window, do we really want to get there with fuck all left in the pot when it's a possibility we'll need reinforcements due to injuries or shitness? In saying that, i doubt anyone's thought that far ahead...

To Be Honest- We really need to have a gamble ffs

They may also be thinking towards the January window, do we really want to get there with fuck all left in the pot when it's a possibility we'll need reinforcements due to injuries or shitness? In saying that, i doubt anyone's thought that far ahead...

I'll refer you to the events of Jan 2010....... January is the worst time possible to be looking for players.