Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Barca to snub Hearts & Arabs for the dons?

Was handed a Daily Record PM (A free evening paper) and seen "Ron set for dons"

The story is that Platinum One the company who organised Barca's tour this year (with Barca liked) and St Andrews the facilities has been booked provisionally for next year. The company have apparently ear marked Aberdeen and the huns as the teams to play next year and have started discussions with the clubs in question.

If it comes to be I would be a happy bunny!

TBH I'd rather we played meaningful games against Inverurie Locos, Elgin City and Montrose each summer so that we can tinker with tactics without fear of running a whole 90 minutes without touching the ball ... as Hearts apparently did! Sure they scored a goal, but from what I have read in multiple reports, scoring was about the only touch Hearts had for the entire game. How effective is that sort of pre-season training going to be for Hearts?

if we could make money from (hearts allegedly made £1M, but with a 60,000 crowd) then as long as it didn't disrupt our proper pre-season too much it would be silly not to try and squeeze it in.  But if the benefits are negligible, financially I'd rather we played games that will prepare us better for the whole season ahead.

Put it as the last game before the start of the season maybe?  Good tune up for a European Qualifier?

Only thing i see wrong with the last game before the start of the season is you know how scottish teams play against the big English clubs (like it was life or death) and im sure the same would happen against Barca then there would be much more chance of injury so close to the new season..

Put it as the last game before the start of the season maybe?  Good tune up for a European Qualifier?

Only thing i see wrong with the last game before the start of the season is you know how scottish teams play against the big English clubs (like it was life or death) and im sure the same would happen against Barca then there would be much more chance of injury so close to the new season..

Point well taken, just adding it into my push for a Toronto trip and we'll go from there. ;)

Hehe, might as well have a trip to New Zealand, if that's the case. Mind you, the year the Dons went to Portugal for their pre-season, they were apparently offered a trip to New Zealand for their pre-season. Would be awesome if they came here. They'd be in good hands too, as Bobby Clark is over here and helps out heaps with kids "soccer", as it's still called over here ... primarily because "footy" in New Zealand is what everyone else calls Rugby League.

Guest At The Border Guy

Live in Edinburgh, and from what I've read, it could be a risky move.  Barca were reportedly asking for £1m+ for the match and also insisted that quite a lot of tickets were offered to kids for free (Hence the reason Hibs told them where to go).

as echoed by many other already, is there any point to us playin barca?

well get shat on and barely touch the ball much like we did against liverpool when we got battered. Dont get me wrong, id love to have Ronaldinho & co visit pittodrie, but id rather it happened in next seasons champions league 1/4 final  ;D

well get shat on and barely touch the ball much like we did against liverpool when we got battered. Dont get me wrong, id love to have Ronaldinho & co visit pittodrie, but id rather it happened in next seasons champions league 1/4 final  ;D

Wise up, 1/4 final????? I would rather save them for the final.

Nope Real Madrid in the Final  :P::)

But that way they wouldn't visit Pittodrie...........

This will not happen, AFC will turn it down because we will NOT sell out the ground ??

and

as Hearts found out, there is no benefit to being used a training fodder  :o

Was that not one of the excuses for knocking back Ajax? Because we didn't sell out against Everton, i think was the justification for that thinking.

This will not happen, AFC will turn it down because we will NOT sell out the ground ??

and

as Hearts found out, there is no benefit to being used a training fodder  :o

Was that not one of the excuses for knocking back Ajax? Because we didn't sell out against Everton, i think was the justification for that thinking.

Everton or Ajax wouldn't sell out Pittodrie.  I think Barca or Real would, Juve might too.  Dare I say it Manure might.