Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons to play Kaiserslautern - pre season friendly

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70. Min.

2:0Noch zwanzig Minuten. Die Lautrer haben jetzt alles sicher im Griff. Von den Gästen kommt nicht mehr viel. Nur noch ihre Fans auf der Südtribüne machen sich bemerkbar.

70. Min. 2:0 still twenty minutes. The Lautrer has now everything surely in the grasp. Of the guests comes no longer much. Only their fans on the south grandstand become apparent.

Guest leith_red

From that i take it we were pish again? I hope we managed to get a shot away!

First 20-25 thought we were the better team - hit the post, couple of last ditch blocks but Kaisers defenders.  They came back into it the last 20 minutes of the half, and they were the better team in the 2nd - but we did make quite a few changes.

Well that certainly sounds better and more positive than the brighton game. Did the team look a bit more petuled? Was there a decent turnout?

Match report from the P&J:

Reasons to be cheerful as Aluko and Pawlett keep Germans busy

dons better side in first half, with many positives to be taken despite defeat by bundesliga outfit

Published: 09/08/2010

Aberdeen suffered defeat in Germany but at least showed encouraging signs which could even give cause for quiet optimism going into the new SPL season on Saturday.

A 2-0 defeat by Bundesliga outfit Kaiserslautern is never going to light up the Samaritans hotline, especially when there were plenty of positives on display for manager Mark McGhee’s Dons side.

None more so than the sight of Sone Aluko and Peter Pawlett in full flow. The young duo suffered miserable campaigns last time out and much is expected this season. They look up to the challenge.

They were given freedom as part of the Dons’ five-man midfield behind lone front man Scott Vernon and at times showed real promise of good things to come.

Aluko and Pawlett looked lively with their twisting, turning and even shooting at goal – a basic which has been so rarely seen from Aberdeen this pre-season some may have thought it had been banned.

McGhee has been searching for the right formula but now he has his special ingredients. With Paul Hartley and Yoann Folly as the midfield anchors, it allows Aluko and Pawlett to roam and probe.

In the opening 45 minutes in the impressive Fritz Walter Stadion Aluko and Pawlett tormented the home defence and it can only be hoped they can replicate this form on home shores.

They both endured a wretched campaign last time out as injuries restricted movement – and then involvement.

Aluko, in particular, gave a good impression of a dour, depressed Deputy Dawg last term, but the smile is back. That should put a few grins on the faces of the Dons support as well because they know Aberdeen need Aluko to be firing this season.

Elsewhere, there were other positive signs. Hartley continues to stand out. He was withdrawn after 51 minutes as a precautionary measure, but during his short shift he rarely wasted a ball.

But Hartley had picked up a yellow card. It came after Pawlett had sliced down Martin Amedick and the German reacted angrily, grabbing the Dons youngster by the throat.

Hartley intervened, hauling his opponent away from his team-mate, much to the delight of the 100 or so travelling supporters.

Concerns? Defensively, the Dons are still capable of some moments of madness. Both German goals were less than works of art. The first arrived out of the blue in 31 minutes when a simple through ball from Jiri Bilek was cutely flicked by Ilian Micanski into the path of Christian Tiffert, who kept his cool to slot past Mark Howard.

It was clinical stuff but the Dons back line was opened up like a tin of peas. It was a similar tale for the second goal in 54 minutes. Bilek was again the creator but his long ball caught out Jerel Ifil, allowing Erwin Hoffer to race through and clip over Jamie Langfield, who came on after the interval in his first appearance since his altercation with a kettle.

For a friendly encounter in front of just 3,400 supporters in a cavernous stadium, this was a relatively tasty affair.

Kaiserslautern had already seen off a youthful Liverpool side and also Auxerre.

They are in cup action this weekend before the Bundesliga starts on Saturday week.

The Germans showed plenty of respect to Aberdeen by rolling out their first XI and were an extremely tough test, especially considering the baking heat.

Yet it was Aberdeen who were the more impressive side in the first half.

The Dons created numerous opportunities early on, with Aluko the chief persecutor. The attacker stung the palms of goalkeeper Tobias Sippel early on and was also denied by the post after he turned his marker inside-out on the edge of the box.

The hosts were lethal on the break, however, and the opening goal took the wind out of Aberdeen's sails. The first half was fiery and enjoyable but the second degenerated into typical pre-season banality.

Countless substitutions removed any semblance of shape or structure, but presumably gave players the required amount of minutes required ahead of the coming travails. The preparation is done. Now it is time for the real thing.

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1862177#ixzz0w6AxcMpP

But Hartley had picked up a yellow card. It came after Pawlett had sliced down Martin Amedick and the German reacted angrily, grabbing the Dons youngster by the throat.

Hartley intervened, hauling his opponent away from his team-mate, much to the delight of the 100 or so travelling supporters.

It pleases me to read this, for too long our team haven't stuck up for each other.

It pleases me to read this, for too long our team haven't stuck up for each other.

Exactly. About time. Well done Hartley, hopefully not one of many bookings, but it certainly sends the right sort of attitude to the rest of the squad. Take no fucking nonsense!  :thumbsup:

Indeed. Seve and Mark Kerr often gave the impression they couldn't have cared less if our players were bullied. Chris Maguire vs Barry Ferguson springs to mind as an example.

That was the very example I was trying to remember. Was it the same game that Chris Clark chopped Hutton in front of the South Stand ? Or was that the game when Seve got tripped up by Fergahun? I'm usually too blootered to remember, they all blur into one vision of hatred of der hun.

Guest ally s

That was the very example I was trying to remember. Was it the same game that Chris Clark chopped Hutton in front of the South Stand ? Or was that the game when Seve got tripped up by Fergahun? I'm usually too blootered to remember, they all blur into one vision of hatred of der hun.

Aye that was the same game.  If was McCulloch who halved Seve wasn't it?

I'd like to echo this sentiment.....

Other.

Other.

I have to say this pleases me as well. About time our Team had some fight about it. As it has been said before Hartley is a cunt but he is our cunt. :thumbsup:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  i had completely forgotten about that clarck challenge.  If i remember rightly he had just been nailed by hutton and the moment he got the ball clark was in for revenge.  What a happy memory  ;D

Yip, excellent stuff.

Sounds similar from Hartley, good news.

Some knackers in the midfield hopefully.