Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Rangers v Aberdeen

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a 0-0 draw to be honest, was discussing it with my Hun mate and he seems to think that a lot will depend on what happens to them in their European tie. If they win, then they will have their heads up, if they lose the heads will be down and we might have more of a chance. If they go to pens and get knocked out then the players will be knackered as well and we'll have had that extra day to recover.

Either way, if we turn up and play well we'd have to hope that it doesnt matter what they do. As long as we keep the race for 2nd interesting and take it right to the wire I'll be happy, lets just make sure we get some sort of European football though.

Unfortunately I'm still not overly confident about Saturday. I don't mean to be pessimistic but the huns seem to be getting back to their jammy winning ways and with their favourite referee in charge it's going to be a big ask for us.

The way we're defending does give us a chance tho, so fingers crossed :-\

IMO we are far from favourites (as if we ever are against the evil empire) which I think is a good thing.

They're on a good run of form and results, we're getting results without exactly setting the heather on fire......I feel a win coming, just got a good feeling 'bout this one.

1-0 early on (in first 15 mins) then another late, late goal to go 2-0 and eventually win 2-1 after the 93rd min penalty for them!

I think, as 10mwtm said above, that how tonight's game goes for Rangers is really important for Saturday.

If they have to go to extra time and pens, it could end up very interesting.

I think we will get a draw to be honest, which would be a good result, but I just can't see us winning.

Guest Paulo

I think it depends on what team we play on Sat.

We need to go back to 4-4-2. Bring Dempsey in instead of Diamond, with that cunt

being the ref on Sat we don't need Diamond giving him the perfect excuse to award a pen.

My team for Saturday would be:

----------------------Clangers---------------------

Hart------Considine------Anderson--------Foster

Smith------Dempsey-----Severin------Clark

-----------Brewster-----------Lovell

But i can see Jimmy bringing Mackie back in somewhere.

This week's tactical tombola:

----------------------Clangers---------------------

Hart------Considine------Anderson--------Foster

--------------Dempsey-----Severin

Smith--------------------------------------------Clark

---\/----------------------------Mackie-----------\/

--------------Brewster

I think JC may favour Mackie to ruffle up Rangers ageing defenders as well as dropping back to help out in the midfield, get him to run his backside off for an hour before hitting them with Lovell.

If not the above line-up I'd favour the 3-5-2 we had yesterday with Diamond in place of Touzani.

I think Jimmy might be more likely to go with something along these lines:

-------------------Langfield---------------------

---Hart  Considine  Anderson  Foster---

--------------------Seve--------------------------

-----------------Clark Smith--------------------

--Mackie--------------------------------Lovell--

---------------------Brewster---------------------

Guest Johnny Mac

We are going to beat Rangers 1-0.

I predicted 1-0 against hearts and 2-0 last night.

So lets make it 3 in a row! hopefully........

;)

1-1 on the 90th minute.

Foster picks the ball up at the half way line as does a keepie up dribble up the park, skinning Ferguson and Adam and Weir in the process.

He will then flick it up and overhead kick it into the top corner for 25 yards.

3 goals in 3 away games for Richardo Fostera .

Guest roogvee

;)

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED I HAVE 4 RETURN TRAIN TICKETS ABERDEEN TO GLASGOW THIS SATURDAY 17th THAT I NOW CANNOT USE.

WILL SELL AT £30.00 EACH TO ANY SOUTHBOUND DONS FANS

LEAVE ABERDEEN @ 08.42 / ARRIVE GLASGOW @11.15

LEAVE GLASGOW @ 18.42 / ARRIVE ABERDEEN @ 21.20

PM ME IF INTERESTED

ROOGVEE

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED I HAVE 4 RETURN TRAIN TICKETS ABERDEEN TO GLASGOW THIS SATURDAY 17th THAT I NOW CANNOT USE.

WILL SELL AT £30.00 EACH TO ANY SOUTHBOUND DONS FANS

LEAVE ABERDEEN @ 08.42 / ARRIVE GLASGOW @11.15

LEAVE GLASGOW @ 18.42 / ARRIVE ABERDEEN @ 21.20

PM ME IF INTERESTED

ROOGVEE

Hope your not trying to fleece anyone on here as is there not a train strike this weekend?

Guest Voffov

If they only for those specific times, then they will be advance purchase tickets, which are either £20.00 or £39.50 each.

SuperSaver, Saver or Open Returns come in at £40.10, £44.90 and £60.00 respectively and can be used on any train at the weekend.  If you have 4 of these type, I would suggest applying for a refund, as it only costs £10 admin fee per ticket...

It seems to be little known by a lot of people that with Savers etc you don't have to get the train it says on the reservation - outbound can be any train on the date printed on the ticket (subject to any time restrictions Mon-Fri).

One of the downsides of Friends' Fare is that you have to all travel together - they're not valid if less than 3 of you are travelling at the same time.

Guest Voffov

Hope your not trying to fleece anyone on here as is there not a train strike this weekend?

That is likely to be cancelled - there is going to be an announcement by the RMT after their meeting this afternoon.

If they only for those specific times, then they will be advance purchase tickets, which are either £20.00 or £39.50 each.

SuperSaver, Saver or Open Returns come in at £40.10, £44.90 and £60.00 respectively and can be used on any train at the weekend.  If you have 4 of these type, I would suggest applying for a refund, as it only costs £10 admin fee per ticket...

It seems to be little known by a lot of people that with Savers etc you don't have to get the train it says on the reservation - outbound can be any train on the date printed on the ticket (subject to any time restrictions Mon-Fri).

One of the downsides of Friends' Fare is that you have to all travel together - they're not valid if less than 3 of you are travelling at the same time.

Well, allegedly, but there are ways round it, and if there's only two people on one ticket they aren't making a saving as an Apex/Value Advance is £20 anyway.

Guest StuSimmy

Can't wait for the game on Saturday but not as confident of beating them as a few others are. I really hope we ca at least take a point but its time we end this run and get a win down in the minkhole. I will go for a 1-1 draw though.

I think we will win this one.

Not only do I think we will win but I think we will rip them a new arsehole in a 2-0 win.

We played well in the last two games but we are capable of much, much more.  Add in the sense of this occasion and it will be the most important Ibrox match in years and years.

I really hope we win, but I cant see it.  I think it will be a draw.

I think I'd be happy with a point from this one  :-\

To be honest I'd be ecstatic with a point, realistically we are playing for third place even though second is theoritically possible, how many of us actually believe it will happen. Take a point on Sat and at worst we're still four points clear in third.

Then we can still do them after the split ;)

Lots to consider here.  Huns playing tonight in Spain tonight, No Nicholson or Touzani for us, Playing at Ibrox,...

OK my Line Up:

Langfield
HartConsidineAndersonFoster
Severin
ClarkJ Smith
Dempsey
BrewsterLovell

Bench: Soutar, Miller, Mackie, Daal, D Smith, Diamond, Maguire

And I'll call a 2-1 Squeaker of a win.  We're LONG past Due