Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Kerr and Mulgrew

Obviously not a popular view point, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if Mulgrew is still here next season.

Me either. His goals probably kept us far enough away from being relegated and played most games out of position.

He won't be there next season though he clearly has designs upon playing at a level he couldn't pish at.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen FC boss in hunt for new skipper

McGhee fires warning to Kerr

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 14/05/2010

ABERDEEN FC today confirmed they have started the search for a new club skipper.

Mark Kerr’s decision to delay signing a new contract looks likely to cost him the honour of leading Aberdeen FC next season.

Kerr will definitely lose the job if he hasn’t agreed a new contract by July 5, the day Aberdeen FC return for pre-season training.

Manager Mark McGhee confirmed he has already begun hunting for a new skipper – and that the role won’t go to anyone else currently at Pittodrie.

Good decision imo.  There's nobody at the club who strikes me as an obvious candidate for the captain armband.

Agreed, apart from maybe Diamond but even he, I don't know about. Then again, given McGhee's track record and the possible targets we have been linked with, nobody coming in to the club will an obvious candidate for the armband, meaning we could end up with an even worse captain that we currently have.

Guest ally s

True enough, doesn't say much for the "team" does it.

No it certainly doesn't.  Any time I've seen them there's a distinct lack of fight/leadership etc

A bit confused by this (no that it takes much). ;D

He is going to get a new captain in, that isnt in the Aberdeen squad already!

I think Diamond definately shows the determination and voice to stand up and get the team going.  He might have been a wee bit quiet because Kerr was 'supposed' to be leading the team.  Cant mind what game it was (one near the end of the season that was on tv) when he picked the ball up and drove forward on an angry, attacking run to show the midfield what the hell they should have been doing!!  He has been at Pittodrie for years and understands the history and the fans.

Who are we going to get in like that.

Complete kick in the teeth for him and might even be the catalyst for him to say sod this im awa'.

Especially if McGhee turns around and says tae Zander he is vice-captain!!

Would that be a massive loss? His form wasn't great when he came back from injury.

That said i'd rather he stayed but if he's going to take the hump then he should remember his own performance against Hamilton as probably being one of the reasons why he's not being considered as captain.