Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Rory McAllister

Another mistake by AFC or just found his level  ???

Didn't really cut it at AFC or Caley Thistle, but has had a wonderful season at Brechin and with 29 goals is Scotland's top  league  scorer

Brian Prunty was second division player of last season and second top scorer

Dennis Wyness banged them in for caley in the 1st division but couldnt get a game for Hearts in the premier

People say there isnt much of a gap between the SFL and SPL but Id say quality of defenders is a big difference (and considering the shite defenders we have in this league I think that says alot about the quality of strikers below it)

Didn't know he had been on our books Al, can't say I know much of him.

I know this shouldn't be the case but after the Pele experiment I'm very sceptical about lower league/level players.  There are gems there of course but our recent track record has been nothing short of abysmal.  Dennis Wyness at ICT does spring to mind, clearly couldn't cut it at SPL level

Difficult to say if he would do a job at SPL level - from what I have seen this season worth taking a chnace on - he should be at a higher level than 2nd Division.

Must say though - I thinkhe is a better player than Mackie.

We have been there millions of times with lower league players. There is no point. If he was any good at this level he would be playing at this level...He wouldnt have got the dunt from both AFC and Caley. But fair play to the lad for banging the goals in

One point I would make about lower league players is that the current standard in the spl is as low as it has ever been so not such a gap anymore.  I would have a few boys of county and caley in a second.  That said mcallister is a fucking idiot.  Bags of talent, very little desire to use them.  I knew someone close to him when he was at ict and all he wanted to so was get a normal job so he could sesh with his mates.  He now works as an apprentice sparkie with someone I know and his attitude hasn't changed.  The boy is thick as mince

The only lower league players we should be loking at are youngsters whose careers are on an upward trajectory. It's probably been said before but the likes of Snodgrass and Dorrans would have been within our range at some point. The likes of Hinds on the other hand, were never going to improve and we took them into a league which they weren't capable of performing in.

• 2 months later...