Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons join queue for Mehmet/6 New Players required 21/4/10

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to have a bit of a groundhog day look about things, with publicised targets rejecting Aberdeen outright or being linked with clubs liked Hearts, Hibs or the Arabs.

That's Foran gone, and the other 2 ICT lads either unaffordable or prefering to stay at ICT than sign for us.

Other targets such as O'Brien, Mehmet and Dorman are all now linked with Hearts, so we've absolutely no chance there if Hearts seriously want them.

I fear there's a long, hard summer ahead followed by some desperate and underwhelming signings at the end of July...

There's nothing different about this end of season to last season in terms of transfer trepidation. The only difference is that there isn't likely to be the same sickening, short sighted rejoicing that our manager got knifed in the back.

Even if Mcghee got sacked I doubt there'd be the same shameful celebratory mood among some.

The same depths that have kept Mackie here for 10 years when everyone knows he could not hit a barn door even from the inside.

6 players my arse its the same every year

6 becomes 5 someone paid more

5 becomes 4 someone paid more

4 becomes 3 someone paid more

3 becomes 2 signed for Berwick rangers as he thought they had more ambition

wait a minute we have 2 players coming back from injury that will do.

This just musnt happen.  I know it has in the past (only too often) but with the squad being so small, he MUST get at least 6 players in. 

He says he knows the fortunes of the players but i think that might just be a bluff until he can guarantee at least mibbe 3 of his signings.  Maybe not, but it wouldnt surprise me!

Doesnt say much for him, Miller and the club itself, if we cant bring players in.  I know money is a problem and we are looking for out of contract players and loan signings. . . . But, the rest of the SPL seem to be able manage it. 

Personally, i think experience is the key.  a centreback,  centre midfielder and striker, a necessity!!  That would gel the team. 

• 2 weeks later...

So some pishy Turkish side are offering 10k a week.  Another kick in the bags for the SPL.

To hear McGhee saying about us trawling Europe for players in places like Slovenia probably means second division in Slovenia!!

Financially we really are getting more and more into the depths.

Would be interesting to hear where we come financially in the money leagues in Europe, not very high i am guessing!

So some pishy Turkish side are offering 10k a week.  Another kick in the bags for the SPL.

To hear McGhee saying about us trawling Europe for players in places like Slovenia probably means second division in Slovenia!!

Financially we really are getting more and more into the depths.

Would be interesting to hear where we come financially in the money leagues in Europe, not very high i am guessing!

Are crowds in these places that high? Surely these clubs cannot be operating within their means? How long until Scottish clubs operating within their means see the benefits? I.E. Not going bust when other clubs are?

True, you would think they couldnt finance these moves.

Stuart Milne did say we would keep to the budget so as this doesnt happen to us.  Still waiting for the arse to fall out of football so we can reap the rewards  :-\

Apparently on one web sire we are the '10TH' richest league in Europe!!

Mind you take away the OF . . . .  ::)

A player I'd like to see at Pittodrie is Tam Scobbie from Failkirk.

Did you see what I did there? I called them Fail-kirk. That's pretty funny.

I liked Flynn from what I seen against Killie, two shocking misses though.