Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons join queue for Mehmet/6 New Players required 21/4/10

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could be trying to sign Mark Yardley and there would be Aberdeen fans on the internet somewhere trying to find the positives.

Mehmet is pish, no thanks.

Too true.  MM was supposed to be looking at players in Eastern Europe that Craig Robertson had identified as possible signing targets, he has surely seen a better striker on his travels.

What depths have we sunk to, when the club is looking at someone like Mehmet as our main striker.

and we can't even afford to sign him! How far do we have to fall before Milne will fuck off! Our budget sounds as if it will be lower than las season again. Offloading big earners such as miller, kerr, mcdonald and mulgrew and still struggling to sign mehmet.what the fick is going on?

Guest ally s

Apparently so.

St Midden will be looking for a new manager come the summer as well

Is McPherson leaving or being given the sack?  I know a few Saints fans who don't rate him at all.

Is McPherson leaving or being given the sack?  I know a few Saints fans who don't rate him at all.

Been told he is offski regardless of whether he keeps them in the SPL or not.

Apparently him and the chairman ( Gilmour ? ) don't speak at all.

McPherson has similar aspirations to our last manager apparently

Andy Millen decked Gilmour after the cup final did he not? Would certainly point towards all not being rosey.

It worries me that we may well be looking for a manager soon and this plank may be available for rock all.

And what were the aspirations of our last manager exactly?  ;D

‘Move to Aberdeen FC – or put your career at risk’

Pittodrie legend Bett’s warning to O’Brien

By Sean Wallace

Published: 23/04/2010

TARGET: Motherwell’s Jim O’Brien.

More Pictures

ABERDEEN FC target Jim O’Brien was today warned snubbing Pittodrie in favour of Rangers could derail his career.

Motherwell winger O’Brien is top of Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee’s wish list as he looks to rebuild his squad.

But McGhee’s plans could be thrown into chaos by league leaders Rangers who are also tracking the 22-year-old.

But Dons and Rangers legend Jim Bett insists O’Brien risks his career stalling if he moves to Govan.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1703328#ixzz0lvOmqpa8

ABERDEEN FC boss Mark McGhee today revealed the fate of his out-of-contract players has already been decided.

But McGhee will make them sweat until the end of the season on their Pittodrie futures.

Stuart Duff, Stuart Nelson and Paul Marshall are all out of contract with Aberdeen FC in the summer.

All three started in the 1-1 draw with St Johnstone, but McGhee revealed nothing they do in the remaining games of the season will change his mind on whether they will stay – or go.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1706584#ixzz0mDBloxfd

Why would you not tell them if they were staying?

What depths have we sunk to, when the club is looking at someone like Mehmet as our main striker.

The same depths that have kept Mackie here for 10 years when everyone knows he could not hit a barn door even from the inside.

6 players my arse its the same every year

6 becomes 5 someone paid more

5 becomes 4 someone paid more

4 becomes 3 someone paid more

3 becomes 2 signed for Berwick rangers as he thought they had more ambition

wait a minute we have 2 players coming back from injury that will do.

In other news

BREAKING NEWS

Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC today pulled off a re-signing hat-trick as Terry Butcher began work on assembling his squad for the forthcoming SPL campaign.

Dubliner Richie Foran, who has hit 14 goals in 35 games this season, put pen to paper on a new two-year contract. Midfielder Lee Cox, 19, signed last summer from Leicester City, has also signed a two year deal. after making 31 league starts.

Forward Eric Odhiambo, another recruit from Leicester City who has hit five goals in 22 appearances, has agreed a one-year contract.

Manager Terry Butcher said: "All three lads were out of contract at the end of the season so I'm extremely pleased they have committed themselves for our return to the SPL. It's a flying start to my plans for next season and I'll be speaking to other players very soon.

"It's a highly encouraging way to go in to our final game with Dundee at Inverness on Saturday."

Richie Foran said: "I really enjoy working with Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas and it didn't take a great deal of persuasion to make me accept a new deal. There's such a tremendous spirit in the camp, I'm hopeful everyone will stay. It was such a sickener to be relegated by a single goal on goal difference a year ago, so it's great to be heading back to the top flight.

Thats one potential target out the window.