Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Kevin Kyle

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen much of the lad Rooney? I can't imagine ICT will allow him to move on the cheap given that he's going to be playing in the SPL regardless now.

According to soccerbase they paid £50K for him and he has another year of his contract still to run so cannot see them letting him go for anything we can afford to pay.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1703514/?UserKey=

Aberdeen have made contract offers to Kilmarnock forward Kevin Kyle and to Dons on-loan Plymouth attacker Steven MacLean.

Dons manager Mark McGhee met his board of directors this week to be told his budget and wants to gamble by going for quality and not quantity.

His ploy worked at Motherwell, with signings of the calibre of Stephen Hughes and Chris Porter leading the Steelmen into European football before Porter was sold to Derby County for a hefty profit.

McGhee has 12 players under contract for next season and initial claims he would be looking for as many as 10 signings have diminished as he attempts to compete against clubs in the lower leagues in England and in the SPL who will have bigger budgets.

Kyle has been a long-term target and a January transfer window attempt to sign him failed. But McGhee has gone back in for the one-time Scotland international, who has bounced around the leagues in England.

Kyle, 28, has scored 15 goals since joining Killie from Coventry in 2009 on an 18-month contract.

MacLean has been told he will be released on a free transfer by relegated Championship club Plymouth Argyle, despite having a year to run on his contract.

MacLean has had a less than spectacular loan spell which has so far yielded only four goals but McGhee is convinced the former Rangers player, 27, can succeed at Pittodrie – provided he has the right man playing alongside him in attack.

The manager knows his club is all but safe from relegation this season, but the injury and suspension problems which have bedeviled the campaign are back in force for tomorrow’s trip to St Johnstone.

Makes sense to me, its similar to what I was saying yesterday it makes no sense to sign 10 mediocre squad players, we just have to chance it and hope we avoid injuries and that there is enough youngsters to fill the gaps.

Kyle and MacLean should be a reasonable combination.

Guest ally s

Hibs are in for Kyle according to the BBC Gossip Column and they say it's a straight fight between the two of us for him.

Fuck me, how many forwards do Hibs need?!?!

Guest ally s

Exactly what I was thinking Ally, but just been reading that Stokes and/or Riorden are likely to be sold in the summer window.

Yeah if Stokes keeps scoring for fun then it won't be long until he heads south or signs for Celtic. As for Riordan, a lot of rumours going round he's Germany bound.

Yeah if Stokes keeps scoring for fun then it won't be long until he heads south or signs for Celtic. As for Riordan, a lot of rumours going round he's Germany bound.

A girl I know was in a nightclub in glasgow a few weeks ago and Riordan was there. He walked up to her and said:

"I'm Derek Riordan. Do you fancy some casual sex?" 

I think Deek may struggle with the German for that so maybe best he stays in Scotland.

She said no, apparently. Or so she says anyway, surprised she didn't melt right there on the spot with charm like that...

Guest ally s

A girl I know was in a nightclub in glasgow a few weeks ago and Riordan was there. He walked up to her and said:

"I'm Derek Riordan. Do you fancy some casual sex?" 

I think Deek may struggle with the German for that so maybe best he stays in Scotland.

She said no, apparently. Or so she says anyway, surprised she didn't melt right there on the spot with charm like that...

Hahaha! The boy is a grade A wanker.  Well known for much worse stuff than that over in Edinburgh.

Aberdeen FC’s McGhee closes in on Kyle

But Mark faces fight for Killie ace

By Sean Wallace

Published: 27/04/2010

KEVIN Kyle’s agent today confirmed Aberdeen FC have opened talks in a bid to land the Kilmarnock striker.

Kyle is out of contract at the end of the season and tops Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee’s summer transfer wish-list.

But Aberdeen have also been warned they face intense competition from eight other clubs.

Kyle’s agent Raymond Sparkes said: “Aberdeen are one of the clubs I have talked to about Kevin Kyle.

“I have discussed the situation with Mark McGhee, although Aberdeen have not gone so far as to offer a contract.â€

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today’s Evening Express or read our digital edition now.