Saturday 27th April 2024: Ā kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

Kevin Kyle

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon if Mclean stays he'd score a load from the problems kyle would cause defences (mclean is a poacher but currently the ball's never in the box ), I like kyle and think an experienced front 2 would do us the world of good. we could cause serious problems to teams with our youngsters flooding into the box behind that pairing.

Ā 

p.s Kerr wouldn't be my holding choice but could do worse

I reckon if Mclean stays he'd score a load from the problems kyle would cause defences (mclean is a poacher but currently the ball's never in the box ), I like kyle and think an experienced front 2 would do us the world of good. we could cause serious problems to teams with our youngsters flooding into the box behind that pairing.

Ā 

p.s Kerr wouldn't be my holding choice but could do worse

Ā 

It could work OK but where does that really leave Maguire, Mackie, Paton? Are they going to spend next season toiling in midfield? Not that I'm against it but I really want to see Maguire and Paton mature next season in positions that they're comfortable in. If kerr would just opt for a sideways pass more often than not he would be a cracking holding midfielder.

Kyle/MacLean would/could be a potentially decent partnership.

Ā 

That said I doubt long term we could afford MacLean? I think the question about Paton/Maguire is answered by McGhee's attempts to loan both of them out.

Ā 

Personally i'm not fussed if Maguire returns or not, Paton is sometimes really good but overall I am still waiting for a major burst of form from him.

Jefferies supposed to have offered terms to Kyle to go to diet huns so if true that rules us out. Not keen anyway.

Ā 

No real surprise if true, there always real possibility of this.

It could however just be cheap journalism coming up with this.

Ā 

No from me, I'd like to see Paton and Maguire getting a real run in the first team, with Pawlett back the service will be much better than at present, throw in Fyvie and that's four players who should be starting most games next term

Ā 

We need a couple of Roughvie/Simpson types to offer the young lads some protection.

No from me, I'd like to see Paton and Maguire getting a real run in the first team, with Pawlett back the service will be much better than at present, throw in Fyvie and that's four players who should be starting most games next term

Ā 

We need a couple of Roughvie/Simpson types to offer the young lads some protection.

Ā 

Paton at 5' 10" and Maguire at 5' 8" offer no height and very little physical presence to be an effective SPL forward pairing.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2939129/McGhee-joins-Kyle-high-club.html

Ā 

MARK McGHEE has confirmed his interest in signing Kevin Kyle.

Ā 

SunSport revealed on Saturday the Killie striker was top of his striking wanted list.

Ā 

It's understood talks between the pair are ongoing as McGhee begins his overhaul of the under-achieving Dons squad.

Ā 

McGhee also wants to keep Steven MacLean, who he feels would flourish alongside Kyle. That would require Plymouth to pay up for the last year of his contract.

Ā 

McGhee said: "Steven can do a great job with the right striker there with him.

Ā 

"That would be a player like Kevin Kyle who is still on my radar and is on a list of suitable candidates.

Ā 

"However, at this moment I cannot say that Kyle is coming to Aberdeen. MacLean is definitely an option for next season too."

Ā 

Inverness pair Adam Rooney and Richie Foran are also targets.

Ā 

Saturday's victory over Falkirk virtually guaranteed the Dons' SPL safety.

Ā 

But director of football Willie Miller said: "There are guys fighting for contracts and others who, if they want a move, have to convince other clubs they're good enough."

Ā