Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

P&J: Dons’ worst since 2004 but McGhee has no fears for job

You'd be surprised.

Plenty calls for him to GTF but I don't see anyone coming up with the solution once McGhee is gone.

The solution is we get a manager in with a better track record of working on limited resources.

Another part of the solution is that the board release more funds to the manager, whether it is McGhee or not.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The solution is we get a manager in with a better track record of working on limited resources.

Another part of the solution is that the board release more funds to the manager, whether it is McGhee or not.

Exactly, Pa Broon has shown what can be achieved with a decent manager at the helm.

Obviously I'm nae saying that 99 year old Pa Broon is in fact the answer to our problems, just that there must be someone better out there.

Well yes, if the board at least back the guy then fair enough but they clearly aren't prepared to do it.

I hardly think the record of McGhee so far means wanting a change is a knee jerk sort of response either. The guts of the season are over, we have went backwards at some rate of knots even from a couple of months ago when we were merely inconsistent.

Get a better manager?  Like who?

Would we not need to pay McGhee compensation if we were to sack him?

Better managers cost money, something we sadly lack.

:lolabove:

If only all the retards had thought of that 12 months ago.  ::)

It's OK it's all the players (and Jimmy's) fault, and it won't be long before there is a new protest group set up;

ATPMGJISAFOB - All The Players Must Go Jimmy Is Still A Fat Orange Buffoon.

Still we're probably our closest to winning something since Ebbe, do you get an open top bus tour for winning the Division 1 title?

;D

Rumour going about that George Burley has been approached.

Outrageous if true.

Mark McGhee must get another season, and he must be allowed to bring in at least 4 players of similar quality to Severin/Smith/Nicholson/Anderson. That means loosening the purse strings a bit and showing some ambition.

New season, couple of decent signings, hopefully some renewed optimism amongst the support. We need to arrest this slump ASAP.

Otherwise it's a depressing downward spiral which could change the club forever.

Rumour going about that George Burley has been approached.

If true I wouldn't be disappointed. Got Ipswich promoted to the EPL with probably a quarter of the budget afforded to McGhee at Wolves. Was he not sitting top with Hearts when he got the dunt left by mutual consent after Mad Vlad took control, Hearts form then dipped and ended up second?

If its not true, at least it's excellent Rocket bait.  ;)

Guest rocket debris

If its not true, at least it's excellent Rocket bait.  ;)

Since you know me better than I know myself, care to elaborate on your bullshit contribution?

EDIT: LOVE the fact you started posting a retort but didn't have the self-confidence to follow through. Faggot.

Guest rocket debris

Not sure where you get I started posting a response from?

LOVE the fact that you have ignored the original bait, but bit to mine with the obvious :wink: at the end. ;)

Sorry bag man. Never seen the original bait. Care to elaborate?

Sacking McGhee = knee jerk imo and isn't the answer.  Our problems are far more deep rooted than just the fitba manager.

We'll just have to disagree on this one

Sacking a manager who has only managed to win 8 out of 35 matches is not a knee jerk reaction. The McGhee experiement has clearly not worked. He was supposed to come in and build on the platform created by the previous manager to make 3rd ours, start mounting a serious challange to old firm and convert the cup fuck ups into final appearances. He has clearly failed to do that. In fact he has put us so far back that we will now stuggle to get back to level we were at before he came.

Just because McGhee's appointment has not worked does not mean sacking Calderwood was wrong. He had failed misserably in the cups and fact we finished 4th winning only 5 games from January to May was more a reflection on the rest of the league (the new Scotland manager especially) than JCs  management.

And that's your opinion, I understand what you're saying but I don't agree with your last 2 posts.

In my opinion sacking Jimmy was wrong. And in my opinion sacking Mark McGhee will be wrong.

Final word on the matter.

When I spoke to the board guys out in Olomouc after two of the worst games ever they were still resolute with their decision of getting rid of Calderwood. He has asked for backing and funding twice (after Queens Park and another time after that) and he failed to live up to his side of the bargain of doing well in the cup. The final point for them losing it with him was after the Celtic game where he came out after the game and announced he had taken AFC as far as he could and was clearly angling for a move. That game was a blip and the terrible run (which jute says strangely saw us go upward in the league) made them think we were going backwards rather than building.

That is why I'm pretty sure they wont sack McGhee as they give managers chances and blame some of the stuff just now on JC.

Guest ally s

I agree, but we have to move on.

As you've already correctly pointed out, sacking McGhee ain't the answer.