Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

MM comments ....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hope he was spat on (not because he deserved to be - nobody does), because if he wasn't then that means he's lied and it's all over the BBC and Sky Sports websites.

Jim Spence said he walked behind McGhee down the touchline and never seen anyone spitting.

These are fairly serious allegations against (at least) one of our supporters from our own manager. He doesn't want a police investigation? Well there must at least be an enquiry, and as supporters who've collectively had our name dragged through the mud today on news chanels and in news papers, we deserve to find out the truth.

Was he spat at? And if he was why is there no tv footage or picture evidence to prove it?

or

Was he not spat at? And did he make the whole thing up in the heat of the moment?

Either a disgusting act which should be punished by the club, or a disgusting lie from a man who should have known today would be hard enough for dons fans without all this shite.

I want to know the truth.  >:(

Somewhat sceptical about the whole spitting thing.

No tv evidence, no photographic evidence, despite the cameras being on him going down the touchline.

I can only speak personally, but if I was Dingus and someone DID spit on me then the fucker wouldn't be getting away scot free.

Could McGhee be exaggerating events to deflect away from the result and performance of the team.

Somewhat worrying if he has on a couple of counts. Firstly we are national news over this.....it was even on the sport news on radio 2 tonight, and secondly if he'd lie to the fans over something like this, then what else would he lie over

Maybe it was not spit, Maybe someone did a migs from Silence of the Lambs on him

There surely couldn't have been any dons fan in the stadium that could have managed that after watching that performance  ;D

Enough already about the spitting I don't believe for a minute that it happened intentionally it was obviously some guy or girl foaming at the mouth with anger  :hammer:

There surely couldn't have been any dons fan in the stadium that could have managed that after watching that performance  ;D

Enough already about the spitting I don't believe for a minute that it happened intentionally it was obviously some guy or girl foaming at the mouth with anger  :hammer:

Is there something you want to confess to?

His quote about Aberdonians being cold towards him is made up too, I refuse to believe that was the truth.

I'm not sure about it not being the truth, I think the context is important here.  When he said it, I got the impression that he was kinda saying "The fans see me as a legend but even that hasn't made me immune from criticism or hasn't bought me time" and nor should it.  Mark McGhee was a wonderful player for Aberdeen, but there has to be a concession on his part that a lot of the regulars at Pittodrie, and a lot of the contributors to websites such as this one will have no recollection of him as a player for us other than what they see on DVDs and so they don't feel the emotional attachment some other fans may have with him.

I'm not sure about it not being the truth, I think the context is important here.  When he said it, I got the impression that he was kinda saying "The fans see me as a legend but even that hasn't made me immune from criticism or hasn't bought me time" and nor should it.  Mark McGhee was a wonderful player for Aberdeen, but there has to be a concession on his part that a lot of the regulars at Pittodrie, and a lot of the contributors to websites such as this one will have no recollection of him as a player for us other than what they see on DVDs and so they don't feel the emotional attachment some other fans may have with him.

I agree, its the context of what he was saying, he wasn't saying Aberdonians are cold to him but just saying folk weren't coming up to him declaring him as some kind of messiah.