Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

MM comments ....

indeed i guess it is down to what you shout.

he could be shouting the script of the sound of music for all we know.

"YOU! KERR! THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC! WITH SONGS THEY HAVE SUNG FOR A THOUSAND YEARS!"

"What's that, Boss?"

"YOU FUCKIN' HEARD ME!"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to his interview on Radio Scotland, I do actually feel fucking awful for McGhee, he's close to tears at times.

Haven't listened to it yet, just read the quotes. Reading that he was spat at totally disgusts me.

He is pissing mainly with the cock he inherited, from JC. Yes, he has made some bad signings - Ifil, Grassi to name two - but FFS his hands have been tied when we can't afford £20K for JOB. MacLean and Paterson; intelligent players, doing well overall - how many of us think we will still have them next season?. Apparently offering contracts to Kerr and McInvisable is very disappointing, however we don't know what limits he has been given. Mackie and Foster have clearly improved under McGhee. Still can't understand putting out Maguire on loan at this time, albeit I know I'm biased on that one!

Sad day when so called Aberdeen fans spit on an Aberdeen player legend.

Haven't listened to it yet, just read the quotes. Reading that he was spat at totally disgusts me.

He is pissing mainly with the cock he inherited, from JC. Yes, he has made some bad signings - Ifil, Grassi to name two - but FFS his hands have been tied when we can't afford £20K for JOB. MacLean and Paterson; intelligent players, doing well overall - how many of us think we will still have them next season?. Apparently offering contracts to Kerr and McInvisable is very disappointing, however we don't know what limits he has been given. Mackie and Foster have clearly improved under McGhee. Still can't understand putting out Maguire on loan at this time, albeit I know I'm biased on that one!

Sad day when so called Aberdeen fans spit on an Aberdeen player legend.

I prefer to refer to McDonald as T.I.M  :thumbsup:

Did anyone actually see anyone spitting at him?

I know we have some trumpets in our support but I'd be astounded if anyone would actually spit at our manager, especially when he's one of our greatest ever players.

I didn't buy his claim that the people of Aberdeen are cold towards him and unless someone can tell me otherwise, I'm not buying this either.

I know we have some trumpets in our support but I'd be astounded if anyone would actually spit at our manager, especially when he's one of our greatest ever players.

I didn't buy his claim that the people of Aberdeen are cold towards him and unless someone can tell me otherwise, I'm not buying this either.

+1

He may be struggling as a manager at the moment, but still one of our all time greatest players and deserves much respect.

If somebody has spat at him, they should be deeply ashamed of themselves and I hope some names and shames them.  Find it hard to believe though.

Lets face it, it's very unlikely that someone would spit on the manager. If he's making stuff like that up; well that's very sad.

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/20100216/quotes-from-the-press-room-_2212158_1968235

Mark McGhee described the result as the worst of his managerial career.

He said: "Raith Rovers thoroughly deserved their victory and they were magnificent for their fans and their manager but this was the worst result in the 800 and odd games I have had as a manager.

"That walk from the dug-out to the tunnel was the most humiliating in my life. It was awful and I told the players they have set me up for that.'' McGhee said he did not want an investigation into the spitting incident and instead intends to use the experience as motivation.

McGhee said: "I don't know (who spat on me) - there was a couple and there were things getting thrown.

"A couple of scarves were thrown and bits of paper. I took my time walking down as I felt the fans deserved an opportunity to vent their anger at me.

"I'm not going to dwell on it. I'm going to use it as an incentive.

"I don't want enquiries into who spat or threw bits of paper. We deserved it and I had a part to play. I'm not innocent just because I wasn't out there playing.''

McGhee admitted his side deserved to lose to the Stark's Park side.

He added: "We were out-played, out-battled and out-fought in every position and on every occasion by a team that thoroughly deserved to beat us.

"This has happened before and it is nothing to do with a weight of expectation or jinxes. It is to do with the mentality of the players - there is something there that is not right.

"I have known since I got here that there was a lot of change needed and this result reinforces that for me, both in terms of change that is needed to the mentality and the squad.''

Raith manager John McGlynn dedicated his side's win over Aberdeen to skipper Mark Campbell who missed the match after being in a car accident.

He said: "We mentioned Mark before the match and spoke about how he would have done anything to have been in the team tonight.

"He is such a character on and off the park. He has an enormous presence and he wins virtually every header. He is so powerful and a real no-nonsense centre-half and the lads were trying to do it for him.''

The win for Raith was all the more impressive given that Campbell's fellow centre-back Douglas Hill had to be replaced minutes before kick-off after limping out in the warm-up.

McGlynn added: "Our preparations for the game were dealt one blow after the other with what happened to Mark Campbell yesterday and then Dougie had to pull out during the warm up.

"Twenty minutes into the match Johnny Russell had to come off with an injury and we had to put on Darren Smith who hadn't trained for a week.

"He had to go on and did remarkably well. The resilience and the character of the players to battle through was amazing."

I'm sure Jim Spence mentioned that he was walking behind MM at the time and saw it.

Are you suggesting that this man, once the victim of Paul Hegarty's 'leg break' threats, could be talking shite?

I don't believe he was 'spat on'. I can imagine irate fans confronting him and it being very unpleasant for the guy, but I cant believe anyone would actually aim a grolly at him.

Watching and listening to MM on RedTV, I agree with everything he said. The man looked shell shocked, and I wonder about this.

I wonder if MM has now fully realised the magnitude of his task at AFC, especially now fully understanding the financial constraints imposed. He will look at is team sheet for Saturday, probably wanting to drop most of them and realising that infact due to our light weight squad there is almost nothing he can do to get the idea into these players heads that if you do not play to an accepted standard, there WILL be consequences. Changing manager is only one aspect of running the team, you also have to buy into his vision of how he wants the product on the park to be played and back him with this.

I wonder, looking at that single forlorm figure, expressing his darkest day of management and he is totally and utterly alone.  Alone to face the flak from the crowd whilst the players scuttle into the tunnel, alone in utter embarassment to face the smug, sniggering media, especially the weegia, who will probably think it is christmas again, so they can get stuck into MM, the club and us, the fans.  Particularly interesting was to note one reporter asking twice if not thrice about the spitting incident.  Meanwhile the silence from our esteemed board of directors, especially Director of football and "that cunt" milne, is quite honestly deafening.  After our 4 nil gubbing of Copo, one of the most vocal of any personnel from AFC was Willie Miller.  What he said that night was uplifting and exciting, exactly what the fans wanted to hear.  What has he to say now?

Mediocrity will kill this club, the contentedness of some in the upper echelons of the club are quite happy to "service debt" whilst they line thier own pockets and massage their ego's and putting nothing or very little into it again is draining the club of its vision, its resources and its drive to be where us, the fans believe it should be. If this ideal is not at least given lip service to, then the fans will disapear bit by bit, the manager in charge of the team will have the pressure applied and the not-so-merry go round of managers and players will happen all over again. This board of directors has been in power over the most dismall periods in the clubs history. They have previous, they need to start learning from those mistakes.

Watching and listening to MM on RedTV, I agree with everything he said. The man looked shell shocked, and I wonder about this.

I wonder if MM has now fully realised the magnitude of his task at AFC, especially now fully understanding the financial constraints imposed. He will look at is team sheet for Saturday, probably wanting to drop most of them and realising that infact due to our light weight squad there is almost nothing he can do to get the idea into these players heads that if you do not play to an accepted standard, there WILL be consequences. Changing manager is only one aspect of running the team, you also have to buy into his vision of how he wants the product on the park to be played and back him with this.

I wonder, looking at that single forlorm figure, expressing his darkest day of management and he is totally and utterly alone.  Alone to face the flak from the crowd whilst the players scuttle into the tunnel, alone in utter embarassment to face the smug, sniggering media, especially the weegia, who will probably think it is christmas again, so they can get stuck into MM, the club and us, the fans.  Particularly interesting was to note one reporter asking twice if not thrice about the spitting incident.  Meanwhile the silence from our esteemed board of directors, especially Director of football and "that cunt" milne, is quite honestly deafening.  After our 4 nil gubbing of Copo, one of the most vocal of any personnel from AFC was Willie Miller.  What he said that night was uplifting and exciting, exactly what the fans wanted to hear.  What has he to say now?

Mediocrity will kill this club, the contentedness of some in the upper echelons of the club are quite happy to "service debt" whilst they line thier own pockets and massage their ego's and putting nothing or very little into it again is draining the club of its vision, its resources and its drive to be where us, the fans believe it should be. If this ideal is not at least given lip service to, then the fans will disapear bit by bit, the manager in charge of the team will have the pressure applied and the not-so-merry go round of managers and players will happen all over again. This board of directors has been in power over the most dismall periods in the clubs history. They have previous, they need to start learning from those mistakes.

Great post.

I was going to post last night that I genuinely felt sorry for McGhee after listening to his interview - he wasn't making a big deal about the spitting it was more a flyaway remark in my opinion so lets not us go on and fucking on about it

I don't know where he goes from here tho I have absolutely no faith in any of the players being able to produce a consistent standard of football until the end of the season - who the fuck can tell what team will turn up on Saturday against Falkirk

Last week after the first game v Raith I was on here spouting bile and vemon about Mark Kerr being captain and even getting a game - then he amazingly produces by all accounts 2 very decent performances v Hibs & Celtic so I think maybe I was a bit harsh on him

Then last night every single one of the fuckers cannot be arsed  >:D They really should be fucking ashamed of themselves especially the ones who have been here before

I think I knew we were fucked when Zander went off - despite CTS' optimism in the chat room I could not imagine us scoring  :hammer:

Brilliant post CS.

As much as I don't like the guy, Graeme Souness often talks about "proper players want to play at San Siro, Bernabeu, Old Trafford" etc, pretty much saying that if you have the fire inside you to achieve, to have the will to win that will get you to these places then you will get there.  Our players don't even have it in them to fight to get to Hampden.  It's fucking tragic.

MM has to carry the can, as that's what managers do, but it sickens me to the pit of my stomach that there are guys continually in the Aberdeen side who quite clearly do not give a fuck about the club, they don't give a fuck that the fans publicly cry that they're not fit to wear the shirt. They don't give a fuck that at almost every turn they sully the name and tradition of the club.  And every thing you can chuck at the players you can chuck the equivalent at the board and Stewart Milne in particular.

The support seems to be constantly on the brink of anger, willing to fire venom at whoever they can. We're the footballing equivalent of cracking up. We can't go on like this but there's only one man who can change it and he's not willing to.  He's the guiltiest of all guilty parties but to be honest, I don't think he cares anymore.  As capitalsharpie says, he sees it as enough just to service the debt.  He is the saviour and the murderer in one go.  That is no future.

Good post BB and agree entirely. There is no future in this, are we to become the club version of the tartan army and just go for the piss up and not even expect anything any longer? We've a £20M shortfall on a new stadium so that tells me we're a club going fkn nowhere off the park and we sure as hell aren't going anywhere on it.

The way MM was speaking, he may give serious thought to fielding a younger and younger team, whilst possibly making examples out of those who were worst offenders, such as our captain.  For goodness sake, talking about our sub options against Hibernian (i think it was) he called Duff and Grassi rubbish.

He said something along the line of "we needed a change and I looked at my bench and they were rubbish".

eek!

I'm sure Jim Spence mentioned that he was walking behind MM at the time and saw it.

Jim Spence never mentioned seeing anyone spit at him. He only mentioned that MM had stopped to confront fans that were throwing scarves at him and that Spence had told him just to move on. McGhee was first one to mention spitting.

The way MM was speaking, he may give serious thought to fielding a younger and younger team, whilst possibly making examples out of those who were worst offenders, such as our captain.  For goodness sake, talking about our sub options against Hibernian (i think it was) he called Duff and Grassi rubbish.

He said something along the line of "we needed a change and I looked at my bench and they were rubbish".

eek!

Yup he clearly doesn't rate the squad he inherited.  I think it was a couple of weeks ago he mentioned about having a squad of athletes instead of footballers.

Jim Spence never mentioned seeing anyone spit at him. He only mentioned that MM had stopped to confront fans that were throwing scarves at him and that Spence had told him just to move on. McGhee was first one to mention spitting.

The hat has went into meltdown and has turned into a witch hunt for the person who spat on McGhee.

1. He claims he was spat at

2. There are more important things

The hat has went into meltdown and has turned into a witch hunt for the person who spat on McGhee.

1. He claims he was spat at

2. There are more important things

If you seen SSN McGhee has changed his comment to say he may have been spat at, even he doesn't know.

If you seen SSN McGhee has changed his comment to say he may have been spat at, even he doesn't know.

As soon as I heard it I knew there was something not right.

One nut job is more upset about Mark being spat up than what happened on the park. And by banning said 'cretin' it will help Mark do his job......you couldnt make it up!