Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McLean and Paterson Sign!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he'd be on aboot 10k a week tops - hence why I thought we could sign him :rofl2:

Shows how much I know about English wages :doh:

Lets hope for a freak training ground accident!  :thumbsup:

Celtic will prob make an absolute packet from shirt sales - wonder if we'll even sell 100 with McLean or Paterson on the back?  :-[

Just wish we'd get somebody who'd say they were a life long fan to play for us that was half decent :-[  :-[

Exactly we can slag off the tims as much as we like but I would love to be that excited over a signing for the dons

I have to suffer rangers fans at work - part of me relishes the thought of Robbie single handedly wrenching the title away from them  :P

Some really good touches by MacLean early on but faded out of the match. Understandable given his awful service and lack of match practice.

Paterson was solid enough. Solid enough defensively and full of running and keen to get to the by line and whip in a cross.

We need to give the new guys a chance. They are short of match fitness, they had less than 24 hours to get to know the rest of the team.

Maybe we should have started with them both or one of them on the bench.

Good to see Zander back though.

We played that match starting with 3 players who've barely met and have hardly played/trained.

To be fair, Maguire hasn't scored for us since August, and Paton's not added to his goal tally since September. Whilst I'm all for us pushing the youngsters into the first team and seeing how they do, these two simply have not produced the goods for almost half a year. I'm sure they will eventually start producing the goods when they've matured a bit. But with our worrying league position at the moment, McGhee needs someone upfront who will score NOW, not once they've matured a bit more!

Guest rocket debris

To be fair, Maguire hasn't scored for us since August, and Paton's not added to his goal tally since September. Whilst I'm all for us pushing the youngsters into the first team and seeing how they do, these two simply have not produced the goods for almost half a year. I'm sure they will eventually start producing the goods when they've matured a bit. But with our worrying league position at the moment, McGhee needs someone upfront who will score NOW, not once they've matured a bit more!

A big worry for me was Paton on Tuesday. That fresh air swipe summed him up for me. OK, it was a disgraceful team effort in less than perfect conditions and he hasn't had even a sub's appearance on the park for a while but after the Rangers game, I was hoping for big things. He had a less than impressive appearance.

The biggest reason Maguire hasn't been scoring is that he hasn't been playing upfront, out on the wing he's pretty useless, yes he has a bit of pace about him, but his other decent asset is his finishing, and for that to be useful he really needs to be playing upfront and not out wide. He's already showed Killie how good he can be upfront.

As for Paton, 11 of his 12 appearences have been from the bench, and for a lot of them he's had very little time on the pitch to actually score. I'm hopeful that sometime soon we might get the joy of seeing a Paton/Maguire pairing upfront, as I think it's got a lot of potential. I could be wrong though.

A big worry for me was Paton on Tuesday. That fresh air swipe summed him up for me. OK, it was a disgraceful team effort in less than perfect conditions and he hasn't had even a sub's appearance on the park for a while but after the Rangers game, I was hoping for big things. He had a less than impressive appearance.

Got to agree!  Some folk were saying he did well when he came on.  I didn't think so, and the gust from his fresh air shot nearly knocked the season ticket I was preparing to throw on to the pitch, clean out of my hands!