Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the P&J:

On a hectic deadline day, Aberdeen were unsuccessful in attempts to sign former Motherwell forward David Clarkson on loan from Bristol City and Kilmarnock targetman Kevin Kyle.

McGhee also made a bid for Motherwell’s Jim O’Brien, which was rejected by the Fir Park club.

McGhee added: “We searched far and wide and made inquiries about a lot of players.

“We were told Clarkson was not available and Kyle wanted to wait until the end of the season.

“We made Motherwell an offer for Jim O’Brien but they turned it down. They remain determined to re-sign him.

“If Middlesbrough had made us the offer we made Motherwell we would have turned them down so I understand their decision.â€

Hibs swiped Aberdeen FC target Gow

McGhee wanted Plymouth Argyle midfielder

By Sean Wallace

Published: 04/02/2010

ABERDEEN FC today confirmed they were pipped at the post by Hibs in the race to sign Plymouth Argyle midfielder Alan Gow.

Former Falkirk and Rangers midfielder Gow has joined the Edinburgh club on loan until the end of the season.

But Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee revealed the 27-year-old was set to join Plymouth team-mates Jim Paterson and Steven MacLean at Pittodrie but pulled out of the deal at the last minute.

McGhee said: “It got to the situation where we thought we had actually signed Gow.

“The next thing we heard was that Hibs had gazumped us.â€

:hammer:

Guest rocket debris

Fudster. One day you might post without the words cunt or fuck. Swearing is not clever. They should have taught you that in your weegie slum.

Guest rocket debris

I like your work, clever stuff.

But like you said, swearing isn't clever but I've never said I was, ya cunt.

Well I am clever, extremely so, and I never resort to such crass language. It's fucking ignorant.

Guest rocket debris

Display a little decorum when your strolling down the quiet leafy avenues of DT debris, for fuck sake.

Apostrophe followed by "e", cunting pedant.