Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I reckon we won't see any new faces in the remainder of this transfer window.

I don't even think we'll see any pre-contract deals done for next season.

I'm usually not too bothered about the winter window because I reckon all ye pick up are stop-gaps and general pish squad fillers. However, I really think the current squad is lacking a goalscorer or even a bit of excitement - but think we'd be wasting our time this window as doubt we'd get anything better than we already have.  :-[

We have already signed Marshall.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon we won't see any new faces in the remainder of this transfer window.

I don't even think we'll see any pre-contract deals done for next season.

I'm usually not too bothered about the winter window because I reckon all ye pick up are stop-gaps and general pish squad fillers. However, I really think the current squad is lacking a goalscorer or even a bit of excitement - but think we'd be wasting our time this window as doubt we'd get anything better than we already have.  :-[

Its not so long ago that we were heralding the likes of Aluko, or more recently Pawlett and Fyvie as exciting. Its a thirst that can never be quenched for too long.

Read the question!!!  >:D

I sometimes think all this stuff we hear from the club about "targets" is just to fill up tomoro's chip wrappers for the fat scab postie, when there's really nobody.  :-[

I wish they wouldn't bother.  :-\

OK get what you mean now.

In answer to the question I have now read again I do not think we will sign anyone despite us desperately needing a striker. Not even that convinced we are trying that hard to get anyone in despite stories in the papers.

Aberdeen FC’s race to sign stars

McGhee battles to beat deadline

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 25/01/2010

ABERDEEN FC boss Mark McGhee was today intensifying efforts to strengthen his squad.

With the UEFA transfer window due to expire at midnight next Monday, McGhee knows time is running out if he wants to bring in any new faces to Aberdeen FC to bolster their bid to qualify for Europe or win the Scottish Cup.

That’s why he expects to spend the bulk of this week speaking to players, agents and clubs in an attempt to get deals done.

McGhee said: “I imagine I will spend the bulk of the next seven days sitting by the telephone.

“We are working on a lot of deals, some that are known about and others that aren’t.”

Aberdeen FC’s race to sign stars

McGhee battles to beat deadline

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 25/01/2010

ABERDEEN FC boss Mark McGhee was today intensifying efforts to strengthen his squad.

With the UEFA transfer window due to expire at midnight next Monday, McGhee knows time is running out if he wants to bring in any new faces to Aberdeen FC to bolster their bid to qualify for Europe or win the Scottish Cup.

That’s why he expects to spend the bulk of this week speaking to players, agents and clubs in an attempt to get deals done.

McGhee said: “I imagine I will spend the bulk of the next seven days sitting by the telephone.

“We are working on a lot of deals, some that are known about and others that aren’t.â€

https://www.universal-gifts.com/shop/cengine/shop/home2.html?vlsrc=gaw&gclid=CJXs7uvAwJ8CFVBd4wodlRH3zQ ??? ??? ???

I read another interview in a paper where McGhee said he wasn't going to spend any of his budget and was waiting until end of season.....clearly a lot different to what he' saying there. Just hope we get a couple of squad players in.

Apparently Aluko's sluggish form was down to stomach problems which is being sorted out so maybe Miller will claim that to be a new signing ;)

North Tonight just reported Hearts are close to signing Dons target JO'B from Motherwell, and it looks 'unlikely' anybody will be heading North this transfer window.

Maybe we're signing someone from ICT or Ross County.  ???

That would be shit. Of all the people we have been chasing he is the guy I want to see at Pittodrie.