Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

McGhee Moves For Barr

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the last line of that article is the most concerning.

Maybe so but its not that long ago he signed his current deal and he is 16, having been thrust into our first team and received some rave reviews. Hard to blame the boy for taking some time to think it all through! His star is rising, he knows it and so do other, bigger teams. By all accounts we did well to fend off the likes of Arsenal last time around. I'd be surprised if he commits to us.

I also didn't think it was an extension, just for him to get more money.

Sure I read it was both. Think we can extend it as long as offering more money and not more than 3 years as three years is maximum length of contract you can offer a player under 18.

Wouldn't we be guaranteed a fee from any club looking to sign Fyvie? I'm sure there was legislation in place to protect clubs who bring young talent through by making the recipient club who sign any youngster have to go through a tribunal to pay a nominal fee for any player under a certain age. Isn't this why Newcastle had to pay us a wee sum for Glass?

Sure I read it was both. Think we can extend it as long as offering more money and not more than 3 years as three years is maximum length of contract you can offer a player under 18.

In this fucked up  post bosman player market place, surely to god, not being able to offer YOUTH players longer term contracts is couterproductive for the qualirty of the Scottish game as a whole?

Wouldn't we be guaranteed a fee from any club looking to sign Fyvie? I'm sure there was legislation in place to protect clubs who bring young talent through by making the recipient club who sign any youngster have to go through a tribunal to pay a nominal fee for any player under a certain age. Isn't this why Newcastle had to pay us a wee sum for Glass?

We would however large part of the compensation is claculated on players wages. Rest is based on development costs but not a clue how this is calculated.

We would however large part of the compensation is claculated on players wages. Rest is based on development costs but not a clue how this is calculated.

I believe they use a random number generator programme that was developed by one of the tribunal boards son's at school.