Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McGhee Moves For Barr

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me to be an almighty waste of time.

See McLean, Paterson and Hughes. Then again if we are getting shite like Ifil I'd rather we just didn't bother.

??? Ifil's a quality player. He maybe can't pass but he can still pass better than our Captain.

He's a quality athlete. He's never a football player though.

??? ???

Did you see us play St. Mirren last midweek? He was the only one that looked like he had a bit of skill but more noticeably composure. Aye his passing was poor that day and he's not lightening or anything but he's a good player and for me should definately be starting every week.

??? ???

Did you see us play St. Mirren last midweek? He was the only one that looked like he had a bit of skill but more noticeably composure. Aye his passing was poor that day and he's not lightening or anything but he's a good player and for me should definately be starting every week.

I was there and he was lucky so many times as he cannot put in a tackle. He just gets his body in the way and hopes for the best.

??? ???

Composure? Are you kidding?

I've watched as much as I can and as I said, I don't think he is or ever will be, a football player.

Watched and played enough football to understand that milk turn quicker than Ifil, and that he is slower than death.

Ok, I'll spell it out for you.

He's an athlete. He is, by very definition, a prefessional athlete. It's his job. He probably does training most days and is very likely in peak physical condition.

ABERDEEN manager Mark McGhee will step up his bid to land Darren Barr during the transfer window rather than try to seal a pre-contract agreement.

But big-spending Dundee could beat the Dons, Hibs and Hearts who are all in the race for the 24-year-old Falkirk skipper.

Backed by multi-millionaire director Calum Melville, the Dens Park side can offer a better deal than any of their rivals.

However, McGhee will make a formal signing approach and is prepared to swap players to persuade Falkirk to part with Barr.

The Pittodrie boss said: "The next step is to speak to Falkirk to find out if it will be possible to do a deal with them about Barr.

"We may have to be creative if we are to get anything done that would see Barr brought in this month. But if Falkirk insist on a fee then we will be out of the equation.

"Hibs are in a stronger position than us because they have taken in a fair amount in transfer fees over the last few years.

"We might be better equipped to compete if we sell some of our young talents for bumper fees in the years ahead. For now though, we must live within our means.

With striker Lee Miller and midfielder Gary McDonald refusing to discuss new deals, McGhee must hope captain Mark Kerr will commit his future.

But 16-year-old rising star Fraser Fyvie has yet to accept the offer to extend his stay with his hometown team.