Pre-match: Whites

match: Shed

Post-match: Oot in Edinburgh with some pars fans

Prediction: 1-1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen travel to Tannadice tomorrow on the back of three defeats on the trot but their manager is adamant the result will not be an indicator for the rest of the campaign.

McGhee: "I'd love to say this game will be a barometer for our season but Lee Miller, Sone Aluko and Zander Diamond - arguably our three best players - are all missing.

"We go into the game with whoever is available and will do our best. But I don't think we will say this is where we are regardless. There is better to come from us.

"I believe third or fourth place is still possible but we have to go on a run of 11 or 12 games unbeaten with five or six wins in a row.

"We need to hang on in there until we have everyone back and are in a position to do that.

"We do not want to lose the game. It is an opportunity to maintain our position if we are not beaten."

McGhee is convinced Craig Levein's departure will signal a down-sizing at Tannadice in the weeks ahead.

He said: "In the short term the club, the players and the fans will be committed to Peter Houston so I don't expect any favours because Craig left. Long term they will have to replace him with someone who can take the club forward.

"The difficulty will be they may see this as an opportunity to go and address their difficult financial situation."

1  Rangers  18  34  43

2 Celtic 17 18 36

3 Hibernian 17 11 32

4 Dundee Utd 18 -1 28

5 Hearts 18 -2 23

6 Aberdeen 17 -5 21

7 Motherwell 18 -8 20

8 St Johnstone 17 -6 19

9 St Mirren 17 -6 17

10 Hamilton 16 -11 16

11 Kilmarnock 18 -11 14

12 Falkirk 17 -13 12

League table looks a bit better now, but christ its tight! Still closer to relegation than 3rd place. But its a good way to start the new year! Lets hope it gives the team some much needed confidence! :thumbsup: