Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hibs

I heard the 1st half hour on the radio. Didn't sound like the ball was out the hibs half at all. Corner after corner after corner (shit mulgrew delivery after shit...). Heard the last half hour and it still sounded like we were all over em but lost another goal.

We're powderpuff. But who knows what the future holds. Assuming we can attract anyone at all, I hope we clear out the senior players and start again.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibs had three shots on target, two of them ending in the net. Depite still being far from convinced that the second wasn't offisde the two in the net is the only stat that really matters. Our lack of ability to score is getting painful to watch week in week out.

Upon hearing the teams when I arrived at ground my hopes were raised by hearing that Makalamby was in nets for them. The guy is completely incapable of catching a football and can't beleive we didn't exploit this factor. All very well the talk of O'Brien and or Marshall coming in, but ffs our lack of a striker capable of hitting the net is becoming seriously embarassing. Nest three weeks are crucial for us, loss next three league games and cup tie versus LSC and its season over.

Sad to say that the best thing about Saturday was the fish supper at the Bervie chipper on way back down the A90

P.S Are the natives getting restless yet ???

Hibs had three shots on target, two of them ending in the net. Depite still being far from convinced that the second wasn't offisde the two in the net is the only stat that really matters. Our lack of ability to score is getting painful to watch week in week out.

Upon hearing the teams when I arrived at ground my hopes were raised by hearing that Makalamby was in nets for them. The guy is completely incapable of catching a football and can't beleive we didn't exploit this factor. All very well the talk of O'Brien and or Marshall coming in, but ffs our lack of a striker capable of hitting the net is becoming seriously embarassing. Nest three weeks are crucial for us, loss next three league games and cup tie versus LSC and its season over.

Sad to say that the best thing about Saturday was the fish supper at the Bervie chipper on way back down the A90

P.S Are the natives getting restless yet ???

Annoying thing is, we created alot, the past weeks we hadn't been creating, now when we do the 'strikers' arn't capable of finding the net or in Millers case the target, Mcdonald had heaps of chances yet could do anything, also annoyed that we never tested the keeper.

I heard the 1st half hour on the radio. Didn't sound like the ball was out the hibs half at all. Corner after corner after corner (shit mulgrew delivery after shit...). Heard the last half hour and it still sounded like we were all over em but lost another goal.

Second half wasn't as one sided as first in fairness.

Commented about Mulgrew's delivery or should that be lack of delivery from corners during the game. His inability to beat the first man is shocking. Let some other fucker take them, and stick Mulgrew [ our tallest player ] in the six yard area where he can at least contribute by making a nuisance of himself

Really annoyed about saturday, we know how shite their keeper is first thing Kerr and Mcdonald should have been doing was going for shots from absolutley anywhere - you never know with him in goals, cant believe we didnt make more chances.

Missing Pawlett and Fyvie just now as kerr and mcdonald couldnt run a bath!

After 16 spl games over the last few seasons:

2000: 16pts

2001: 26pts - 4th (14pts off top, 15 from bottom)

2002: 17pts - 8th (25 pts off top, 8pts from bottom)

2003: 14pts - 11th (32 pts off top, 9pts from bottom)

2004: 31pts - 3rd (6pts off top, 19pts from bottom)

2005: 21pts - 6th (17pts off top, 13pts from bottom)

2006: 28pts - 2nd (12pts off top, 16pts from bottom)

2007: 24pts - 6th (9pts off top, 19pts from bottom)

2008: 21pts - 5th (22pts off top, 9pts from bottom)

2009: 18pts - 6th (19pts off top, 6pts from bottom)

Glad to see we are getting closer to the top of the league  :thumbsup:

Managed to get through to the transfer window and get some of his own guys in now he has had a chance to asses everyone, changes will be made.

Starting with Tommy Wright who has played his last game for us!

I have said and will say again that I believe that this season is a transitional season, with McGhee trying to flog the dead wood in the squad and bring in a few players that he believes will suceed at the club.

However, nothing so far this season (Rangers game and the first 25-30 mins against St Johnstone an exception) has suggested to me that this is a transitional season. With every passing week, I am questionining my opinion as every week there seems to be no, if any progress that I can see. If anything it seems we appear to be going backwards. Hopefully activity in the January transfer window will change this, however I'm not confident as the Jan transfer window is never a good time to do business. Suspensions have had a damaging effect on the ability to name a settled squad and apart from injuries to important first team members such as Diamond and Aluko, possibly Fyvie, we have had no injuries to key players. I hope that it gets no worse before it gets better but by now, professionals should be at least reacting to McGhees methods, yet there seems to be no evidence of this.

It can be easy blaming the results/performances on the lack of a goal threat, but quite frankly that would be taking an easy way out.

Blinkered.

Why? because we have no option but to, we are still left with the utter pish that Calderwood signed and we are going to have to put up with that till at least the end of the season

only 1 player who played on saturday was signed by mcghee. its going to take at least a season to sort the mess we are in. Great batch of young players actually being given a chance, just a shame most of them are injured.

No excuses required, the state the club were left in has been there for all to see.

I guess the miggers will just come up with a whole new bunch of excuses.

Don't forget the bold claims about what state we'd be in if that fat orange hun cunt was still here

If Calderwood was still here, Fyvie would have been sold for 35p and the money would have been spent on crisps...et al.

Like it or lump it Stoney but Calderwood managed to get that shower of "pish" into Europe. The fact we're struggling so badly this season with pretty much the same squad is testimony to how well JC did in his time here.

It's too easy to point the finger of blame at JC's door every time we play badly or suffer a poor result.

Why should we accept this transition pish?

A half decent manager should be able to rally the troops.

I can't help thinking that we will get very little business done in the January transfer window.

I guess the miggers will just come up with a whole new bunch of excuses.

Eggzactly! All I'm reading is excuses.

As I said in another thread, transitional how? Because we lost Severin, J.Smith and Mair? The people rolling that one out are the same people who, claimed Severin only played against Hearts and forget that Jamie Smith was always injured and if Mair was still here he would be being included with Duff, Young, and Mackie as Jimmy's dross. If it's the change in manager well... with so many out of contract players why not have made the change at the end of this season, it would have cost a vast amount less.

As for injuries name me a recent season when we haven't been unlucky with injuries.

Red cards I'm afraid the buck stops with McGhee as far as indiscipline goes.

As for McGhee... I was chatting to a Tim mate who stated he did not want Mowbray because he felt in getting the Celtic job he was being rewarded for getting West Brom relegated. I suppose the same could be said here, McGhee was rewarded for finishing below us and failing to achieve anything anywhere before. Only this time he hasn't been lucky enough to get a Honeymoon period from inheriting a team playing below their potential. Everywhere McGhee has been, pretty much, he has inherited a decent team and done well, the problems have started when he has been asked to rebuild to maintain or improve a side. Unfortunately that is exactly what he has been asked to do here from the off and with a limited budget. Can he do it? I hope so, but I'm not going to get carried away in this blind optimisitc belief that he can, just because he says things we like to hear in the papers. The proof will be there for all to see in the next 8 months.

Why? because we have no option but to, we are still left with the utter pish that Calderwood signed and we are going to have to put up with that till at least the end of the season

only 1 player who played on saturday was signed by mcghee. its going to take at least a season to sort the mess we are in. Great batch of young players actually being given a chance, just a shame most of them are injured.

No excuses required, the state the club were left in has been there for all to see.

At the very least McGhee should be getting results that match what Calderwood achieved. He's halfway through the season so we'll need to see how things go, but I'm not (a) happy with what he's doing on the pitch and (b) convinced that even with new players he can do anymore than JC.

Also don't get caught up in the youngsters thing, he's playing them because he feels he has no other choice. If we get another midfielder in January then Fyvie will be picking splinters out of his arse for the best part of the remainder of the season, and similarly if we buy a striker, Paton will be alongside him.

I would have said transitional in the sense, that we have changed the manager who obviously has his own ideas on how he likes to play football and what players he wants in his team. He didn't get players he would have liked in the summer transfer window, hopefully he will add to the squad in the Jan and summer transfer window and become a sucess at Aberdeen.

This season cannot be named transitional in the sense that we have lost players and they have not been replaced because quite frankly, that is quite simply not true.

I am not happy with things on the pitch as it is uninspiring and unentertaining, yet I am willing to reserve judgement and try to keep an open mind until a later date. However, there quite simply HAS to be activity in the transfer windows starting in January.

Thought Miller just about deserved to go, but you could tell that the ref seemed like he was alway going to send off one of our players.

No idea how Wotherspoon got away with that challenege on Mackie.(?)

Been watching it on Red TV and whether it is a bad angle or not I just can't see it.

Terrible fishing.

McGhee should be doing at least as well as Calderwood did with the same "utter pish" squad.

Transitional my hole!

Did Calderwood have a transitional season?

I would have thought given that we have replaced a manager that was "an orange/hun/cunt/buffoon/tactically inept" we would have seen expansive football, settled tactics etc and would have, in fact, seen an improvement on last season. Given McGhee is a better manager, in some people's view, presumably he would be able to extract better performances from the current group of players, whether they were "shite" or not. A team that finished 4th last season with a better manager should be capable of doing better? Or is a manager that gets better performances from shite players not better than one who can't?

Transitional my hole!

I would have thought given that we have replaced a manager that was "an orange/hun/cunt/buffoon/tactically inept" we would have seen expansive football, settled tactics etc and would have, in fact, seen an improvement on last season. Given McGhee is a better manager, in some people's view, presumably he would be able to extract better performances from the current group of players, whether they were "shite" or not. A team that finished 4th last season with a better manager should be capable of doing better? Or is a manager that gets better performances from shite players not better than one who can't?

Succinctly put.

Transitional my hole!

Just a shame you're banging yr head against a brick wall. This reminds me of that 'are you a racist?' programme. By that I mean the people who have their opinions clouded by prejudice are so deeply in denial they will almost to a person, never ever accept the truth of the situation.

The only thing I can see the appointment of Mcghee is achieving so far is that he's a guy we all want to like because of the 1983 romanticism. So that means instead of us all hurling bricks at the boardroom, the majority are just sinking further in to an apathetic, resigned depression about the situation at AFC.

I hope we are taking a step backwards to then take two forwards but to call it a transitional season is just apologism for mismanagement by the baldy, suited, cunts.

We're performing abysmally. Beginning, middle and end of story.

Transitional my hole!

Nail. On. Head.