Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Disappointing AFC Prize Draw Tickets

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you log on to afc-chat.net the people there will be able to help you organise your protest, and it's a great place to drum up support for your cause. They've staged succesfull protests in the past and will have all the kit you need for making protest banners etc.

Good luck!  :thumbsup:

This thread is a terrible advert for Donstalk  :-\

If I'd won the match ball and not received it, I'd be pissed off.

It's more the glaring holes in his story that is creating this reaction. He's said the club have been back in touch with him, but makes no mention of what they said.

From personal experience, we had a table last season at a corporate function in the RDU, guy at our table won the raffle for the match ball. When his ticket was pulled out, he went up, got a picture taken with a player, then the ball was placed in a carrier bag and handed to him.

Before this guy had his picture taken with the ball, it must have existed at that point and he's failed to explain how the ball came to be removed from his possession.

It's more the glaring holes in his story that is creating this reaction. He's said the club have been back in touch with him, but makes no mention of what they said.

From personal experience, we had a table last season at a corporate function in the RDU, guy at our table won the raffle for the match ball. When his ticket was pulled out, he went up, got a picture taken with a player, then the ball was placed in a carrier bag and handed to him.

Before this guy had his picture taken with the ball, it must have existed at that point and he's failed to explain how the ball came to be removed from his possession.

What I find interesting is how those that have a table in corporate seems to win so often... conspiracy??

??? ??? ???

This thread is a terrible advert for Donstalk  :-\

If I'd won the match ball and not received it, I'd be pissed off.

But it speaks the truth of the closed off little club that we are. Lets be honest, we are a cynical pack of wolves and make light work of most newcomers who enter the site with any sort of statement. The only tolerance shown is for those who creep in the side door. Its a tough site to get into, hence the reason why traffic is low. Most of us possibly like it that way as quantity only ever reduces quality. Just look at the hat and Abmad for multiple zoomers galore.

But it speaks the truth of the closed off little club that we are. Lets be honest, we are a cynical pack of wolves and make light work of most newcomers who enter the site with any sort of statement. The only tolerance shown is for those who creep in the side door. Its a tough site to get into, hence the reason why traffic is low. Most of us possibly like it that way as quantity only ever reduces quality. Just look at the hat and Abmad for multiple zoomers galore.

Not in this case Ajja, not at all. This isn't a tough site to get into in the slightest, but if you're a tit, you'll be treated as such.

Not in this case Ajja, not at all. This isn't a tough site to get into in the slightest, but if you're a tit, you'll be treated as such.

I disagree. I think this site is incredibly tight. I think there are a lot of posters who think a lot about what they believe or how they view most things and this makes us all feel that we are more considered. However, there are very strong opinions in play on most threads and contrary opinions tend to get shouted down very quickly.

Thats because he is most likely not an AFC fan and came on here for a spot of good ol' fishing.

Ssssssshhhhhhhh. width=595 height=450http://image.guim.co.uk/Guardian/sport/gallery/2007/nov/08/1/GD5242472@Barcelona%27s-French-st-7646.jpg[/img]

I disagree. I think this site is incredibly tight. I think there are a lot of posters who think a lot about what they believe or how they view most things and this makes us all feel that we are more considered. However, there are very strong opinions in play on most threads and contrary opinions tend to get shouted down very quickly.

Why is that exclusive to Donstalk? Look at Aberdeen Mad, it practically has its own language and codes. It's a good site but you have to be one of the 'in crowd' to understand the plethora of abbreviations that are in play all the time. This is just a messageboard, no different to any other.

No they fcking don't!

I agree with that. If you can make your point in a reasonable way and respond to things without acting like a cretin then you'll get on fine. There are a few folk recently who have started posting more and they're treated the same as everyone else.

But don't you think a lot of that is because of how we all ended up back here? It was mostly because we were seen as a certain type of person/poster by certain individual(s) on the hat, and were all banned at one point.

I think the three sites for AFC is just about right.  There were folk on the hat saying that we should move back over there but even if this place closed I wouldn't do that, that's no disrespect to the folk over there it's just a very different type of forum to this one. There's a lack of patience over there which is brought about by the number of posters as you've pointed out. But there's a slight lack of diversity on here. Horses for courses and all that.

And after all, it's just the fucking internet. None of this and none of you are actually real. I'm definitely not real.

There are so many in jokes it's hard to keep up and very hard to start off.

Oh I dunno:

You've got a small willie

Jaegerdeen runs

CtS likes mingers

Dave wears girls jeans and has pink hair

Fatjim is into necrophilia and spelling

Mizer is gay

minijc is annoying and fat

(Apologies if I've missed anyone out.)

If all else fails post a lame pun.

This site is certainly, I feel, more accessible than some of the others. If it's a thread on a topic that the majority agree on it's pretty obvious straight away without countless posts of shite and squabbling. If it's something where there is a difference of opinion it's quite easy to join the debate. For the most part things are debated sensibly and without the need for endless shite posts and squabbling. Most folk also don't take a difference of opinion personally and as such threads generally don't turn into personal insults.

I liked Bobby Connors post in the thread over on the hat after Fatshaft chucked his rattle, that descirbed this site as a "cult" site. Correctly or incorrectly, I took that in the good sense rather than the bad Home and Away sense. I sincerely hope no one is brain-washing me into killing Irene.

I've awlays assumed the Brown option was the don't give a shit option, because brown is the colour of shit??

Oh I dunno:

You've got a small willie

Jaegerdeen runs

CtS likes mingers

Dave wears girls jeans and has pink hair

Fatjim is into necrophilia and spelling

Mizer is gay

minijc is annoying and fat

(Apologies if I've missed anyone out.)

If all else fails post a lame pun.

This site is certainly, I feel, more accessible than some of the others. If it's a thread on a topic that the majority agree on it's pretty obvious straight away without countless posts of shite and squabbling. If it's something where there is a difference of opinion it's quite easy to join the debate. For the most part things are debated sensibly and without the need for endless shite posts and squabbling. Most folk also don't take a difference of opinion personally and as such threads generally don't turn into personal insults.

I liked Bobby Connors post in the thread over on the hat after Fatshaft chucked his rattle, that descirbed this site as a "cult" site. Correctly or incorrectly, I took that in the good sense rather than the bad Home and Away sense. I sincerely hope no one is brain-washing me into killing Irene.

I've awlays assumed the Brown option was the don't give a shit option, because brown is the colour of shit??

Brown was before my time as well, but I think you're right.

I joined just in time to be around for the end of the historic DonsTalk 5s. :thumbsup: