Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Disappointing AFC Prize Draw Tickets

I have not been to Pittodrie for quite a while and decided to go to the Rangers game on the 2nd December, great result. I bought some prize draw tickets and won the match ball. However I have yet to recieve the ball and have had phone calls to and from AFC with no success. It's a bit disappointing to say the least. I was going to donate the ball towards a worthwhile charity. Imagine my embarrassment at not having the ball and having told people of the success in "winning". £20 down the drain, don't know if I will bother coming back.

>:( >:(>:(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you've not asked for any. You've just told us what has supposedly happened and you're not going back.

Supposedly is not quite the word, "definately". I was presented the ball by Derek Young and had my photograph taken. This was up in the top floor of the reception. Nice lunch, half time snack and full time snack. So, who do I contact?

Supposedly is not quite the word, "definately". I was presented the ball by Derek Young and had my photograph taken. This was up in the top floor of the reception. Nice lunch, half time snack and full time snack. So, who do I contact?

I don't think "definately" is the word either...

I blame Derek Young...

do they not let you keep the ball at this point?

To not go back because of what seems like a minor clerical error is a bit hasty, IMO.

So you had your photograph taken with the ball then the club took the ball back?  I'm confused

I have not been to Pittodrie for quite a while and decided to go to the Rangers game on the 2nd December, great result. I bought some prize draw tickets and won the match ball. However I have yet to recieve the ball and have had phone calls to and from AFC with no success. It's a bit disappointing to say the least. I was going to donate the ball towards a worthwhile charity. Imagine my embarrassment at not having the ball and having told people of the success in "winning". £20 down the drain, don't know if I will bother coming back.

>:( >:(>:(

A sad loss for the club I'd say.  :

Someone who only showed up because it was a freebie and now won't go back because they're either £20 out of pocket or just too impatient to wait. Oh how we need more of this spirit and loyalty!

So, you got a free jaunt to the football, you got merry on the free booze, bought some tickets, got slightly more merry on the free booze, won a prize, got more merry on the free booze, were presented with the prize, got so merry you forgot where you left the prize after you had been presented with it, and now want the club to give you another one or you won't go back on another free trip to the football???

Am I the only one here who feels sorry for this guy who's quite clearly been ripped off by our magnificent club?

I'm so distressed by what he's had to go through that i've decided that we should all get together and try our very best to make things right again. So, if everybody would like to send me some money via paypal, i'll go down to the clubshop and buy a replacement ball just for him.

Hopefully this will help the guy get over missing out on the ball from our imaginary game against them on the 2nd December, and hopefully he'll come back for another free day out at some point in the future.

Am I the only one here who feels sorry for this guy who's quite clearly been ripped off by our magnificent club?

I'm so distressed by what he's had to go through that i've decided that we should all get together and try our very best to make things right again. So, if everybody would like to send me some money via paypal, i'll go down to the clubshop and buy a replacement ball just for him.

Hopefully this will help the guy get over missing out on the ball from our imaginary game against them on the 2nd December, and hopefully he'll come back for another free day out at some point in the future.

Yes, I think he sounds like a cock.