Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Mo Ross

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm. I'm undecided about Ross. We've had worse players turn up on our doors asking to train with us. I'm not that enthusiastic about him signing for us, but then I'm actually not too miffed either. Welcome aboard, Ross. Believe me, the fact that you're an ex-hun will not have an impact on your time here ... so long as you put in maximum effort for us.

MAURICE Ross was today expected to sign for Aberdeen FC.

The player was reluctant to discuss details of the move when contacted by the Evening Express.

But the right-back was set to pen a short-term deal at Pittodrie.

Ross has impressed Aberdeen FC manager Mark McGhee while training with the Dons.

Mon the photo in the office  >:D

Guest leith_red

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1833339,00.html

Aberdeen tonight agreed terms with defender Maurice Ross on a deal until January.

He will officially be an Aberdeen player once the club receive International clearance which should happen before the Dons weekend match against Dundee United at Pittodrie.

Aberdeen tonight agreed terms with defender Maurice Ross on a deal until January.

He will officially be an Aberdeen player once the club receive International clearance which should happen before the Dons weekend match against Dundee United at Pittodrie.

International clearance?? Wasn't he born in Dundee?

Ross signs and set to face United

Former Rangers full back agrees a deal to stay with Dons until end of the year

By Michael Gannon

Published: 22/10/2009

Maurice Ross has added some much-needed experience to the Aberdeen squad after last night agreeing terms on a deal to remain at Pittodrie until the end of the year.

The former Rangers and Scotland full back, who was a free agent following his release by Turkish side Kocaelispor, could go straight into the Dons squad to face Dundee United on Saturday if the club can gain international clearance in time.

The 28-year-old has spent the last fortnight training with the Dons and impressed in Tuesday’s closed-doors friendly encounter against Dundee at Brechin.

Ross now has the chance to win a longer-term deal until the end of the season and beyond.

Dons manager Mark McGhee is delighted to add such a trusted campaigner to his youthful squad, especially as his defence has been severely weakened by injuries this season to Zander Diamond, Jerel Ifil and Davide Grassi.

Ross, who made more than 70 appearances in five seasons at Ibrox and who also played in England with Wolves and Millwall, will provide ideal support to the young players who have impressed so much for the Dons this term.

The manager has been forced to promote youth team players ahead of schedule due to a prohibitive budget and a paucity of squad options, but the conscripts have responded to the call.

Aberdeen are unbeaten in their last seven SPL matches and McGhee admitted his youngsters, such as Fraser Fyvie, Peter Pawlett, Michael Paton and Johnathan Crawford, have played a pivotal role in changing the style of play at the club.

He said: “Without the young players it wouldn’t have been possible to have the run we have in the league. They have brought energy and ability.

“One of my problems early on was I didn’t think we had enough people in the side who could play the style of football I wanted to play. We had a lot of people used to playing in straight lines in a 4-4-2 system, getting wide and getting crosses with almost as few passes as possible.

“We introduced a more fluid passing style of playing which confused the older players as they did it at the wrong times in the wrong areas as they weren’t natural possession players. These young players have come through a system where they are more used to passing and they have been doing it.â€

Fyvie may be just 16 but he has already been inundated with plaudits and tipped for great things.

McGhee is careful to avoid over-hyping the Scotland under-17 captain but he admitted the midfield schemer has a bright future.

He said: “We have high hopes for Fraser and he certainly has a lot of attributes, with one of the main one being the ability to play in the first team at 16. Fraser is a quick learner and that is a big asset. I think we have to live with the expectations on him. But we make sure we protect him from certain things at the right time.â€

McGhee is set to be without Pawlett for this weekend. The 18-year-old’s hamstring injury is not as bad as first feared but it will rule him out of the New Firm derby.