Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Mo Ross

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Scotland Internationalist Maurice Ross is currently training with the Pittodrie squad after asking Mark McGhee if he could use the Dons' facilities following his return from Turkey.

The defender who played 13 times for Scotland has recently been playing for Kocaelispor in Turkey but is currently a free agent.

Previously he played for Rangers, in England for Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves and Millwall and Norwegian side Viking Stavanger.

If true I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that his agent contacted all SPL clubs to see if any of them were interested in him, and we were (at least for a look see). Either that or he really likes the beach (in October (in Aberdeen)).

I can't see any other links.

If true I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that his agent contacted all SPL clubs to see if any of them were interested in him, and we were (at least for a look see). Either that or he really likes the beach (in October (in Aberdeen)).

I can't see any other links.

From what I posted, off of redweb it would appear that he ASKED us to train, bit strange though as he is from Dundee, his family live there and got links with Dundee United.

From what I posted, off of redweb it would appear that he ASKED us to train, bit strange though as he is from Dundee, his family live there and got links with Dundee United.

Well, its obvious isn't it, its natural for a human (I know he's a hun from Dundee so I use the term very loosely) to want to aspire to greater things and better oneself :D

Guy on MAD

Remember him pissing on the main street of my town after a charity game and about 8 pints at the local. I was just a loon, me and the boys nicked his phone and called a couple of his contacts, namely 'the gaffer' and 'Bazza'. Big Advocaat dinnae answer but Mr Ferguson, shall we say, was reminded of what a chunt he was.

:lolabove:

I reckon we should say publically "we're going to offer Ross the best contract he has ever had in his life". That's a sure-fire way to get Plymouth Argyle interested in signing him. And in true comedic fashion, we can swing our fists and say "darn it" when Plymouth swoop to sign him from under our noses.

Sshhhhh. Don't tell Luggy that we don't care about Ross!

I wouldn't think we were the only club he ASKED to train with. Unless he saw our defensive problems as an opportunity to get playing again, at least till Christmas, and reckoned asking to train with us was a way in??

At least right back is his natural position, and that has been a problem position in our team for some time, but on the grand scale of things it's just another ordinary player to fluff up a very thin squad.

Who knows, maybe Ross will be super-keen to win a permanent contract, maybe he'll see this as a last chance to make it at the top level in Scotland and turn in some good performances.  Fingers crossed.

Despite your dubious past, welcome on board loon.

Feel a bit like i did when JC signed Deek Dung... but guss his addition to the squad doesn't make us a weker team today then we were yesterday

I don't. Young was signed from a mid-table First Division side, having not made the grade with us first time around and only pleasantly surprised us to start with as our expectations were so monumentaly low.

Ross on the other hand failed to fully establish himself at the best team in the country at a time when the league was better than it is now, earned a few Scotland caps, has since spent time accross Europe (in leagues which are all better than the Irn-Bru, arguably than the SPL) and has been signed on probably for very little. Other than the fact he's been tarred by the brush of hunnery, I don't really see the problem.

Ross on the other hand failed to fully establish himself at the best team in the country at a time when the league was better than it is now, earned a few Scotland caps, has since spent time accross Europe (in leagues which are all better than the Irn-Bru, arguably than the SPL) and has been signed on probably for very little. Other than the fact he's been tarred by the brush of hunnery, I don't really see the problem.

I earned Scotland caps at that time, too. I wouldn't advise MM signing me (I've signed to The Captain's Rest XI anyway...).  Ross looked ok at the huns cos they defend from the front.  He's been down to England and he's been abroad. At no point has his club been overly keen to keep him, and so he comes back to Scotland to tout himself.  That's a worry.  I agree with Al, this isn't a positive step.  He's here so we need to get on with it, but I hope Zander and Ifil are back quickly, cos I'd imagine with all our players fit this tit won't get a game.