Saturday 27th April 2024: Ā kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

Hamilton vs Aberdeen (22/08/09)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was really good, very composed, full of running and a good passer of the ball. Jimmy wrecked our youth policy :(

Ā 

JMG

Ā 

Boring! He did very little with it though padders and that's a fact. It's about time you realised he's gone and looked to the future and stopped harping back to things he did or didn't do.

Ā 

Ā 

Boring! He did very little with it though padders and that's a fact. It's about time you realised he's gone and looked to the future and stopped harping back to things he did or didn't do.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It wasn't his job though, to "do anything with it", the players weren't good enough and now they're gone. Time you got over that.

Ā 

Fucking excellent to ream those cunts though probably a good time to get them though you still have to get it done.

Ā 

Tremendous news that a couple of youngsters got their starts, especially Fyvie, been hearing such good reports about this guy for a long time. Apparently Miller looked interested too. Jesus!

Clean sheet, 3 goals, youngsters impressing?!

Ā 

Anyone would think that a tiny smidgin of optimism & good cheer is among the Donstalk faithful tonight!

Ā 

Nothing wrong with that.

Ā 

By all accounts Hamilton were a Jakki Brambles though so may not quite time to get the champers out but plenty to be happy about.

Ā 

Seems a very good shout by McGhee to have played the young fellas against a pretty weak Hamilton team, though he would have got fucking pelters had we got leathered!!Ā  ;D

Ā 

McGhee lauds teen debutant Fivey

Aberdeen midfielder Fraser Fyvie

Fyvie put in an accomplished performance in midfield

Ā 

Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee was full of praise for 16-year-old debutant Fraser Fyvie following the Dons' 3-0 win over Hamilton Accies.

Ā 

Fyvie played the whole game at New Douglas Park and fellow midfield teenager Jonathan Crawford also played.

Ā 

"I thought they both did terrific," McGhee told BBC Scotland.

Ā 

"Young Fivey kept going and was terrific, even at the end, mopping things up and playing simple passes. He will get great confidence from that."

Ā 

Crawford did not complete the game, with the 19-year-old suffering from cramp.

Ā 

My first observation would be that we worked harder from the start of the game

Ā 

Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee

Ā 

"Jonathan eventually succumbed to a bit of cramp and we thought, rather than keeping him going till he makes a mistake and cost us something and embarrasses him, we took him off," said McGhee.

Ā 

"He did a good, good shift and we weren't disappointed in him."

Ā 

The victory was the Dons' first of the season after back-to-back defeats to Sigma Olomouc in the Europa League and an opening-day league loss to Celtic.

Ā 

"My first observation would be that we worked harder from the start of the game," McGhee said.

Ā 

"We established ourselves well in the game in terms of our shape and our work ethic was good - it was better.

Ā 

"The three goals were good. Scoring goals and keeping clean sheets and getting three points is great for us at this stage."

Ā 

positive article, Ignoring the terrible journalism from the bbc obviously!

They said on the radio Fyvie went to Hazlehead Academy.Ā  Pity he's not from Fyvie, that would have been cool.

Ā 

Credit to McGhee for getting Duff out of our back line.Ā  He could have saved himself a bit of trouble if he'd only realised that at half time in the Sigma home game, but we got there eventually.

Ā 

Well done to all concerned today, what a fucking difference a week makes.Ā  ;D

I thought despite the scoreline they still played fairly poorly, the passing was terrible and for some reason we didn't close down their midfield at all. Play like that against a team with any real ability and we'll be in trouble. On a side note though, how fucking pleased was Considine when scored? He looked like he was going to vault the barrier and run into the stand to celebrate with everyone.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

SKMG.

Credibility really depends on who that SPL player is. If it's someone like Mackie, I'd pass that up as "that fucker's gonna take our god-given places in the team. Let's bring them down a notch"

Ā 

No, defender for another SPL team.

Ā 

Played against Crawford in youth and reserve games over the years.

Ā 

Ā 

He was really good, very composed, full of running and a good passer of the ball. Jimmy wrecked our youth policy :(

Ā 

JMG

Well, can you honestly say you could have seen Calderwood doing what McGhee done yesterday?Ā  I can honestly say Fyvie or Crawford would not have been on the pitch at any point.

Ā 

I loved the game yesterday, first time in a year I can honestly say I enjoyed a game.

Well, can you honestly say you could have seen Calderwood doing what McGhee done yesterday?Ā  I can honestly say Fyvie or Crawford would not have been on the pitch at any point.

Ā 

I loved the game yesterday, first time in a year I can honestly say I enjoyed a game.

Ā 

And he's reeling in a big one here....