Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

Dundee vs Aberdeen

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was responding to your original post, and you know that.Ā  We should stop before this becomes a 'he started it' argument.

Ā 

Ā 

Mark McGhee has my 100% backing.Ā  100%.Ā  I want what we all want - a succesfull Aberdeen football club.

Ā 

Ā 

It's time to let go of the Jimmy slagging and start looking forward.Ā  Or donstalk is in danger of turning into the hat - and BB I know you're well above that level.

Ā 

Donstalk is only in danger of going to the level of the hat because there are so many ready to say to the JMG camp "I told you so".

Ā 

The fact of the matter is (in my opinion) that JC was what he was but there are certain folk still holding him up to be the saviour. Ā The guy's a tit. Simple as that.

JC is a tit.Ā  Can't argue with that.

Ā 

His signings (well some of them) were shite.Ā  Can't argue with that.

Ā 

Donstalk is only in danger of going to the level of the hat because there are so many ready to say to the JMG camp "I told you so".Ā  That's not true.

Ā 

Ā 

BB I honestly don't believe that is true.

Ā 

JC is a tit.Ā  Can't argue with that.

Ā 

His signings (well some of them) were shite.Ā  Can't argue with that.

Ā 

Donstalk is only in danger of going to the level of the hat because there are so many ready to say to the JMG camp "I told you so".Ā  That's not true.

Ā 

Ā 

BB I honestly don't believe that is true.

Ā 

Ā 

That is true. Ā There are a hell of a lot on here dying for Mark McGhee to fail so they can say to the Hat "We told you so". Ā They'll deny it, but it's fucking true. And it's sad as fuck. Ā As soon as JC walked it was obvious it was going to be the case. Ā This forum will be the forum with the shortest fuse as far as McGhee is concerned, I'll bet you right now. A couple of bad results and certain, influential posters on here will kick it up. No doubt.

Well only time will tell, but I hope (and think) you're wrong.

Ā 

Ā 

I wanted Calderwood to stay, but I'll be fucking delighted if Mark McGhee can bring good football and good results to Pittodrie.

Ā 

I hope I'm wrong too, but i don't think I am unfortunately, considering certain people's reactions to the guy.

Ā 

Crikey. You'd think JC was SAF.

Ā 

Ā 

That is true. Ā There are a hell of a lot on here dying for Mark McGhee to fail so they can say to the Hat "We told you so". Ā They'll deny it, but it's fucking true. And it's sad as fuck. Ā As soon as JC walked it was obvious it was going to be the case. Ā This forum will be the forum with the shortest fuse as far as McGhee is concerned, I'll bet you right now. A couple of bad results and certain, influential posters on here will kick it up. No doubt.

Ā 

You honestly believe there are posters on here who would put one-upmanship with afc-chat before a succesfull Aberdeen team? Ā You really believe any true dons fan would do that?

Ā 

???

The people who were against the change are not knee jerk reactionaries they are rational thinkers who saw that it might not have been the best thing long term. They weren't arguing for JC they were arguing against a bunch of idiots who weren't really looking at the big picture because they just hated Jimmy.

Ā 

I want the best for Aberdeen and i won't be saying I told you so. It's more likely I will be arguing against fickle fans who are more than likely to turn against Mcghee if it doesn't work out for him. These will be the same idiots with their photoshopped post it notes that wanted rid of Jimmy.

Ā 

I am pretty sure that those who were rational about the whole thing will remain rational throughout Mcghee's tenure.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sorry, but who said they were knee jerk reactionaries?Ā  I have never for a second - unless you wish to contribute otherwise - suggested that those who were against JC going were irrational thinkers.Ā  This is the whole problem right here. You seem incapable of accepting that people who are actually fairly intelligent - we must let FJ decide that though, obviously - didn't, and don't want JC as manager of their football club.Ā  That vote is equally as valid as any you may wish to peddle.

I didn't say they were all thick just the major players in the JMG group who turned up in their tens at the protest.

Ā 

I guess my point in short was that you are wrong. there won't be people saying "I told you so" because the people you and others have pegged as pro calderwood are not. their arguments were completely misunderstood as jimmy loving when they were actually being rational.

Ā 

There will be though. We both know it.

And you miss the point by miles, again. I supported JC, in the main, but just thought it was time for a change, so I'm not anti calderwood (although i do think he is a tit, he is a good manager) and I'm not JMG/JIG either. If you'd read any of my posts in the last year you'd know that.

Ā 

Ā 

I haven't been posting much or coming to this site because of the ridiculous arguments being raised about people like me being pro jimmy. I did notice though that you were one trying to tell people to move on and stop comparing mcghee with calderwood. Which is a fair point but any negative point against mcghee with no mention of calderwood sees you do the very thing you want people stop doing.

Ā 

Yeah, god forbid you get in a ridiculous argument, eh?Ā  ::)

Ā 

I'm not being pro McGhee. If you look back i said i was rather underwhelmed at the appointment. But you can not deny there are people on this site waiting for him to fail. Open your eyes and read, you will see it for yourself.

Ā 

It was me who said they were knee jerk reactionaries by the way. :thumbsup:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Brilliant.....Ā  ::)

Oh dear, you really don't have a clue do you mini?Ā  Why not post your thoughts on this forum?

Ā 

I know a couple of Dunfermline fans who are gutted about JC and JN going, cause they've been relegated since he left.

Ā 

You're a fat clueless cunt.Ā  :wave:

He does not like being called Fat.

Ā 

Ā 

Can we just call him a clueless cunt?

Ā 

Ā 

Sorry, I actually missed this quote.Ā  If you're suggesting that JC didn't sign pish players then I present you with Derek Young.

Ā 

Honestly.Ā  A woeful player who even his director of football asked him not to sign, but he did it anyway because it was an easy signing.Ā 

Ā 

??? ??? ???

Ā 

That is true.Ā  There are a hell of a lot on here dying for Mark McGhee to fail so they can say to the Hat "We told you so".Ā  They'll deny it, but it's fucking true. And it's sad as fuck.Ā  As soon as JC walked it was obvious it was going to be the case.Ā  This forum will be the forum with the shortest fuse as far as McGhee is concerned, I'll bet you right now. A couple of bad results and certain, influential posters on here will kick it up. No doubt.

Ā 

I can't say I agree with that either, I honestly don't think anyone on here wants McGhee to fail, there's probably people who believe that he wasn't the right appointment but to suggest people are actively hoping he fails just to say i told you so is ludicrous.

Good to see support are united.

Ā 

Ā 

Anyway back to the game. Aluko looked like our only creative option. Our strikers looked as likely to score as they did last season although maybe a bit unfair on Maguire who looked hungry when he came on and did at least get a couple of shots on target. Duff is clearly not a right back (or a footballer to be honest) and its a bit worrying that manager has tried him twice now. Defence is in desperate need of an experienced head to pull it together and suspect that a 21 year old who has played 15 times in two seasons in the French 2nd division might not provide that.

Ā 

433 system looked as bad as I feared it would.

Ā 

Not confident about Thursday now.

Oh dear, you really don't have a clue do you mini?Ā  Why not post your thoughts on this forum?

Ā 

I know a couple of Dunfermline fans who are gutted about JC and JN going, cause they've been relegated since he left.

Ā 

You're a fat clueless cunt.Ā  :wave:

A couple?Ā  FUCKING WOW, WOOOOAH THE BOAT, plenty of them blame JC for their fall, he spent all their money, got rid of the youth teams and left them with fuckall almost like up here, he is a clueless cunt.

Ā 

Also I am nae that fat now and I'd fucking destroy you, mink.

A couple?Ā  FUCKING WOW, WOOOOAH THE BOAT, plenty of them blame JC for their fall, he spent all their money, got rid of the youth teams and left them with fuckall almost like up here, he is a clueless cunt.

Ā 

Also I am nae that fat now and I'd fucking destroy you, mink.

Ā 

I would say that in his time he made two genuinely bad signings - 50k on Byrne and 80-100k on Tommy Wright. Asides from that he tried to fill the squad out with short termers, which is exactly what McGhee is trying to do.

Ā 

Calderwood didn't wreck our youth, it was in a sorry state when he took over and between the management team and our director of football they worked hard to revamp it hence why we have guys like Maguire, Paton and Pawlett coming through and inevitably there will be more next year. Youth systems/academys are not pez machines that just squirt out players as soon as they are up and running, it takes years, look at rangers and the multi million pound set up they have at Murray Park, they have had very little come through since that place came about in comparison to the money spent.

Ā 

:lolabove: Ā :bandwagon:

Ā 

STAND FREE

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Got any proof to back this up?

Calderwood didn't wreck our youth, it was in a sorry state when he took over and between the management team and our director of football they worked hard to revamp it hence why we have guys like Maguire, Paton and Pawlett coming through and inevitably there will be more next year. Youth systems/academys are not pez machines that just squirt out players as soon as they are up and running, it takes years, look at rangers and the multi million pound set up they have at Murray Park, they have had very little come through since that place came about in comparison to the money spent.

Ā 

Thats one point that really annoys me, the youth set up 5 or 6 years ago was worse than shambolic, it was non-existent, and when Miller came in a lot of work was put in to change that. To say Calderwood ruined it is frankly ridiculous.

Ā 

Got any proof to back this up?

Ā 

None at all probably, unless he's noticed someone else sharing the same opinion with evidence to back it up.Ā  We've not been left with nothing, we've got a decent group of young players, all be it with the need to replace a few senior players and add squad depth which McGhee is working hard to do.

Ā 

I would say that in his time he made two genuinely bad signings - 50k on Byrne and 80-100k on Tommy Wright.

Ā 

Admittedly Byrne was a terrible left back however i always thought he could have been a decent centre half, did very well in the european games he played in that position. 50k fee for him was a joke though!