Saturday 27th April 2024: Ā kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

Dundee vs Aberdeen

Really? jesus move on, is there really any point in using increasingly wrong arguments to make the same tiresome point?

Well where is the money?Ā  Where is the money now that he spent to help better our side?

Ā 

Padre, some booed you arn't actually giving him your backing by the looks of things, it seems like you want him to do a fail.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcghee can't really be judged on this showing (not that i was there). Friendlies are a joke - I hate them. Ā 

Ā 

We obviously need to strengthen the squad, and quickly.

Ā 

We'll see a different afc on Thursday when it matters.

Ā 

remember who built this team that he has gotten in to before you have ago

Ā 

Niall you can be a right cock, why bring JC into this? Ā No good will come from drawing comparisons and pointing fingers at managers past or present - and that works both ways.

Ā 

:-[

Ā 

Well where is the money? Ā Where is the money now that he spent to help better our side?

Ā 

Padre, some booed you arn't actually giving him your backing by the looks of things, it seems like you want him to do a fail.

Ā 

I want every success for any Aberdeen manager, bar none. That's why today has pissed me off so much.

Ā 

Mcghee can't really be judged on this showing (not that i was there). Friendlies are a joke - I hate them.Ā 

Ā 

We obviously need to strengthen the squad, and quickly.

Ā 

We'll see a different afc on Thursday when it matters.

Ā 

Niall you can be a right cock, why bring JC into this?Ā  No good will come from drawing comparisons and pointing fingers at managers past or present - and that works both ways.

Ā 

:-[

Ā 

Ā 

The sad thing about today was that the team put in a shift and looked like they wanted the win yet still couldn't get it because McGhee had them passing in circles the whole 90 minutes rather than actually trying to find a direct route to goal.

The point i was making mini was that calderwood didnt waste the MAJORITY of the money he got, the majority of money went on signings such as Miller, Smith, Severin etc, i'd bet that the type of signings you highlighted cost us peanuts in comparison to the main signings calderwood made.

Ā 

Well where is the money?Ā  Where is the money now that he spent to help better our side?

Ā 

Ā 

The signings he made to better our side? well from todays team Langfield, Mulgrew, Kerr, McDonald, Aluko, Miller........

Ā 

not to mention young and duff who last season were seen as squad players adding depth.

Ā 

Its the nature of football, the vast majority of teams cant afford to have a whole squad of players capable of walking into the first team, there will always be squad players who arent necessarily as strong as the players who are seen as part of the strongest XI. Ā To keep moaning about calderwoods signings months after he left is pointless. give it a rest and find something else to moan about!

Ā 

Ā 

I could be wrong but wasnt padre at the game today? which leads me to believe that he may just have been supporting the team, just a thought!

Ā 

Ā 

Interestingly enough, heres a quote from McGhee about the team he inherited:

Ā 

However, McGhee insisted that he is happy with the first-team squad he inherited from Jimmy Calderwood.

Ā 

"I want all of these boys and, in fact, some of them have only a year left and I've been talking to them already about prolonging their contracts," added McGhee.

Ā 

FFS JIMMY.

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

Ā 

Jesus really is the shallow end of the gene pool over on good old kkk chat!

Ā 

Never thought i'd see the day that nicnac was the most sensible poster in a thread though!

Ā 

I was thinking that myself, mental stuff.

Ā 

Mini's comments are quite rational and well thought out.

Ā 

Here it is in summary:

Ā 

HE DUN STUFF WAT WOZ BAD JMG.

Not long in the door from Dundee.

We started the game alright, particularily for the first 20 mins or so when we were knocking the ball about with confidence. As the first half wore on, Dundee stated to come into it more and more. Second half for me was instantly forgettable and if we'd lost the game couldn't have complained. Any adventure or excitement going forward disappeared when Aluko went off at half time.

God help us if Zander is missing on Thursday night and Holm comes into the team, he makes Lee Mair look like Willie Miller in his prime.

Today proved that our squad is thread bare, fuck sake Dundee changed nine players at half time.

Regardless of who is to blame for where we find ourselves, there is some serious work to be done in the coming weeks. I'm genuinely worried our European adventure could be over this year before it begins.

For the record some fans did boooooo at the end, but I wasn't one :P

I fucking give up.

Ā 

Really? First time for everything then. Considering the extremes you've gone to support the imbecile, that's a shock.

Ā 

What did i say that was wrong?Ā  JC's best players were probably Jamie Smith and Scott Severin.Ā  McGhee doesn't have them anymore. So what have I said that is wrong?Ā  The rest of that squad is not that great.

You were the one who threw out the 'No sniping' challenge to the (so called) JIG people.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Seve was allegedly shite last season, that fact went undisputed on any of the dons forums including this one. Smith played only a handfull of games.Ā  The rest of the 'pish' got us into Europe.

You were the one who threw out the 'No sniping' challenge to the (so called) JIG people.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Seve was allegedly shite last season, that fact went undisputed on any of the dons forums including this one. Smith played only a handfull of games.Ā  The rest of the 'pish' got us into Europe.

Ā 

Was Seve shite last season? Don't remember saying that myself but if you want to make your own mind up about that then on you go.....Ā  You're right, that pish did get us into Europe.Ā  And they are pish. If you wish to dispute it, I'm willing to listen, ye know.... but that side is shite.Ā  Whether they got us Europe or not, that's a poor Aberdeen side, simple as that.

So a shite manager with no tactical nous whatsoever steered a shite Aberdeen side to Europe.

Ā 

Ā 

Then got sacked.

Ā 

Ā 

Now a quality manager like MM will be able to turn our shite Aberdeen side into something a bit special, cos, ye know....that's what good managers do.

So a shite manager with no tactical nous whatsoever steered a shite Aberdeen side to Europe.

Ā 

Ā 

Then got sacked.

Ā 

Ā 

Now a quality manager like MM will be able to turn our shite Aberdeen side into something a bit special, cos, ye know....that's what good managers do.

Ā 

Sorry? Did i say or ask that?Ā  Of course i didn't. I don't think anyone did.Ā  Try again buddy.

Sorry? Did i say or ask that?Ā  Of course i didn't. I don't think anyone did.Ā  Try again buddy.

Ā 

How is that then?Ā  Considering he's left with JC's pish, minus JC's best players, that's pretty inventive of you.

Ā 

JC's pish.Ā  You're saying JC signed pish players.Ā  I'm saying let's see what a good manager like MM can do with them.Ā 

Ā 

I sincerely hope he does well, of course I do I'm a dons fan, but even if he doesn't I wont be sniping about Jimmy Calderwood being a better manager.

JC's pish.Ā  You're saying JC signed pish players.Ā  I'm saying let's see what a good manager like MM can do with them.Ā 

Ā 

I sincerely hope he does well, of course I do I'm a dons fan, but even if he doesn't I wont be sniping about Jimmy Calderwood being a better manager.

Aye, of course you won't. cos that's not what you're doing now, eh?

I was responding to your original post, and you know that.Ā  We should stop before this becomes a 'he started it' argument.

Ā 

Ā 

Mark McGhee has my 100% backing.Ā  100%.Ā  I want what we all want - a succesfull Aberdeen football club.

Ā 

Ā 

It's time to let go of the Jimmy slagging and start looking forward.Ā  Or donstalk is in danger of turning into the hat - and BB I know you're well above that level.

Ā 

Ā 

Sorry, I actually missed this quote.Ā  If you're suggesting that JC didn't sign pish players then I present you with Derek Young.

Ā 

Honestly.Ā  A woeful player who even his director of football asked him not to sign, but he did it anyway because it was an easy signing.Ā