Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Pre season friendlies

Any chance we might ever have one at home?

As we've known for some time now, the football training facilities in the North East of Scotland are largely piss poor. Why any other side would come here when we don't even want to stay ourselves is beyond me.

As long as the pre-season preparation is adequate for the fitness of the players and they are ready for the first game of the season then I don't care where we play.

Pre season friendlies are pish.

The only good thing to come out of them is the chance to go to random small stadiums that you wouldnt normally even consider. (Like Hull). The ones at home are best forgotten before they are played

Possibly the most boring football related afternoon I ever had was a pre -season match at pittodrie vs one of the Vienna teams (may have been rapid) in either July 2002 or 2003. Game coincided with Free at the dee and ended 2-1 to the austrians with a grand total of 6500 turning up.

That was supposed to be a 'Glamour game'. Twas after that I vowed never to go to another 'home' pre -season friendly again

Pre season friendlies are pish.

The only good thing to come out of them is the chance to go to random small stadiums that you wouldnt normally even consider. (Like Hull). The ones at home are best forgotten before they are played

Possibly the most boring football related afternoon I ever had was a pre -season match at pittodrie vs one of the Vienna teams (may have been rapid) in either July 2002 or 2003. Game coincided with Free at the dee and ended 2-1 to the austrians with a grand total of 6500 turning up.

That was supposed to be a 'Glamour game'. Twas after that I vowed never to go to another 'home' pre -season friendly again

Think it was Rapid Bucharest.  We ended up counting the seagulls in Section Y. Fucking brutal game of football.

Think it was Rapid Bucharest.  We ended up counting the seagulls in Section Y. Fucking brutal game of football.

I went to that game by myself  :

I remember a friendly against Brondby that got postponed twice (I think)

A mid-season friendly against Southampton 3 days after they were in the FA Cup final.

I do remember a pretty decent one against Hamburg though?

I went to that game by myself  :

I remember a friendly against Brondby that got postponed twice (I think)

A mid-season friendly against Southampton 3 days after they were in the FA Cup final.

I do remember a pretty decent one against Hamburg though?

Yeah, i was at those one as well. We had Andy Parkinson and Omar Riza playing for us against Southampton, think we beat them. James Beattie scored a cracking goal for them.

The Hamburg game was good, bit of niggle in that, shame there was only me, you and 6 others there to see it though...

Ah yes THAT brondby game

Postponed twice and eventually played in a monsoon that would have seen any other game cancelled

At halftime they started moving those in the south stand to the RDS because the wind was driving the rain and sleet under the roof.

Think they even moved some folk from the Merkland too.

Belabed scored the equaliser with the last kick of the game -top corner 'hit hard and hope' effort from 18yards