Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Europa League Qualifying Draw - Friday

Not long now until we find out who we've got in the third qualifying round for the Europa League.  I'm sure someone on here will be able to tell me if this is accurate or not, but according to today's Herald the teams we could draw are:

Larissa (Greece)

Elfsborg (Sweden)

Young Boys Berne (Switzerland)

Gent (Belgium)

Valerenga (Norway)

Legia Warsaw (Poland)

IFK Gothenburg (Sweden)

Sturm Graz (Austria)

Derry City (Ireland)

Hajduk Split (Croatia)

I'm not sure if this is just some of the teams we could get or if it will definitely be one of those listed above. There are some tricky ties in there I have to say. Wouldn't be a very exciting tie, but I'd have to go for Derry City out of that lot.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon Gent would be quite cheap to get to but Belgium's the only place on that list that I've been to so I think I'd prefer somewhere that I've never been to. Not that I can afford it anyway! I hope they cancel the whole Europa League because they realise it's shite.  :hammer:

Does anybody know if we`re home or away first?  I know the second leg being at Pittodrie would be better for me. Even if the tie was technically over I`d still come up. 

Funnily enough we won't know until the draw.

Half of those teams in the first post aren't even through the previous round yet. We could be drawn in a tie vs Team A/Team B as the draw is only the day after the first leg of the previous round.

I think the full list of teams we could face are:

* Winners of KR vs Larissa

* Winners of Elfsborg vs Haladás

* Young Boys

* Winners of Falkirk vs Vaduz

* Winners of Flamurtari Vlorë vs Motherwell

* Winners of Cherno More vs Iskra-Stal

* Winners of Naftan vs Gent

* Winners of S?duva vs Randers

* VÃ¥lerenga

* Winners Sigma Olomouc vs Fram

* Fredrikstad

* Winners of Legia Warsaw vs Olimpi Rustavi

* Winners of Sturm Graz vs Å iroki Brijeg

* Winners of Liep?jas Metalurgs vs Dinamo Tbilisi

* Vojvodina

* Winners of Sevojno vs FBK Kaunas

* Winners of Sliema Wanderers vs Maccabi Netanya

* Winners of Bnei Yehuda vs Dinaburg

* APOP

* Winners of Omonia vs HB

* IFK Göteborg

* KoÅ¡ice

* Winners of Sarajevo vs Spartak Trnava

* Winners of St Patrick's vs Valletta

* Winners of Skonto vs Derry City

* Winners of Gorica vs Lahti

* Winners of Juvenes/Dogana vs Polonia Warsaw

* Hajduk Split

* Winners of Differdange vs Rijeka

* Winners of Milano vs Slaven Belupo

* Winners of Crusaders vs Rabotni?ki

* Winners of V?tra vs HJK Helsinki

* Winners of Honka vs Bangor City

* Interblock Ljubljana

* Flag of Hungary Budapest Honvéd

So we'll actually be fairly lucky to know who we are playing this Friday, but at least we'll know when. The 2nd leg of the 2nd round is the 23rd so we could be waiting till then.

I don't know if we could face Falkirk or Motherwell and I'm not sure if they put us into smaller groups of possible opponents before the actual draw (like 07/08 when we had a list of 5 possible opponents the day of the draw which included Dnipro and Bayern)

The teams listed above are not seeded?

From the list on Wiki they are not although some still have to play 2nd round matches so may get put out. List looks like someone has just picked out all the well know teams out of the list of possible teams.

Sigma Olomouc please!!!!  :thumbsup:

I go to Olomouc quite a bit (just back from there this week) and it's a great wee place, theres a mad bar right next to their ground which is inside an old airplane.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I don't really fancy having a couple of thousand dandies marauding their way through my favourite place for relaxing.  :o

If the away leg is first, then there's only a week between the 2nd leg of the 2nd qualifying round, and our match, which makes it pretty tricky to get time off and arrange the trip.

Secretly hoping we get some minnow in the middle of nowhere, that we can hump, and get a good tie in the next round.

So, 13.30 CET, which is 12.30 BST (I think) tomorrow. Excited? Nervous? Little bit of both?

More importantly, is anyone going to this round? It's an almost certain no from me, I am fucked financially.

Join the club  :thumbsup:

I'm coming back from central Europe the day before the first leg, so fingers crossed it's an away game somewhere near where I am so I can go.

Or Derry.