Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Transfer targets and a re-signing Jamie Smith?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot imagine Smith commanding that big a wage due to his past injuries and lack of availability.  I would have thought we could afford both of them.  Perhaps the way to go with Smith would be to to offer him a smaller wage with bonuses for a 'pay as you play' type deal?

I am hoping that we sign Hughes, perhaps keep Smith depending on what McGhee finds and spend Seve's wages wisely on a centre half.

Remember we're also saving on Mair and Seve's wages, so Smith and Hughes is not an impossible dream

I dont really remember us ever using Barry Nicholson, Michael Hart and Chris Clarks wages fully on new players so wouldn't be surprised if we take the opportunity to cut back on the wage bill which would make good sense in the current climate.

I dont really remember us ever using Barry Nicholson, Michael Hart and Chris Clarks wages fully on new players so wouldn't be surprised if we take the opportunity to cut back on the wage bill which would make good sense in the current climate.

Gary McDonald, Mark Kerr, Charlie Mulgrew...

Guest Makaveli

Klimpl eyes Dons move

Slovakian keen to link up again with McGhee at Aberdeen

By Richard Bailey  Last updated: 24th June 2009

Maros Klimpl has revealed that he is holding out for a move to Aberdeen and the chance to continue playing under manager Mark McGhee.

The Slovakian midfielder played under McGhee at Motherwell last season while on loan from FC Midtjylland and is eyeing a reunion.

The 28-year-old would be available on a free transfer after allowing his contract with the Danish club to run down.

McGhee has been linked with moves for a number of his former Well players but as of yet Klimpl is yet to receive a phone call.

"I really enjoyed working with Mark at Motherwell," he told the Daily Record.

"He is an excellent coach and, from the training to playing for him, it was a brilliant experience.

First choice

"My first choice would be to stay in Scotland as I love the country.

"But I have to wait and see what happens. It's difficult for me to say anything because I haven't had a really serious offer.

"At the moment I don't know where I will report for pre-season training next week. I'm still under contract in Denmark but have been told by the club I will be allowed to leave so that's no problem.

"What I can say right now is Aberdeen would be a great choice for me. I made my debut for Motherwell away at Aberdeen.

"It's not something I will forget because it was one degrees and the wind was freezing. They have good players and great fans.

"I love the style of Scottish football and, with McGhee there, too, Aberdeen would be perfect for me.

"For now, though, I'll just keep waiting for a phone call."

Klimpl eyes Dons move

By Richard Bailey   Last updated: 24th June 2009

Maros Klimpl has revealed that he is holding out for a move to Aberdeen and the chance to continue playing under manager Mark McGhee.

The Slovakian midfielder played under McGhee at Motherwell last season while on loan from FC Midtjylland and is eyeing a reunion.

The 28-year-old would be available on a free transfer after allowing his contract with the Danish club to run down.

McGhee has been linked with moves for a number of his former Well players but as of yet Klimpl is yet to receive a phone call.

"He is an excellent coach and, from the training to playing for him, it was a brilliant experience.

First choice

"But I have to wait and see what happens. It's difficult for me to say anything because I haven't had a really serious offer.

"At the moment I don't know where I will report for pre-season training next week. I'm still under contract in Denmark but have been told by the club I will be allowed to leave so that's no problem.

"What I can say right now is Aberdeen would be a great choice for me. I made my debut for Motherwell away at Aberdeen.

"It's not something I will forget because it was one degrees and the wind was freezing. They have good players and great fans.

"I love the style of Scottish football and, with McGhee there, too, Aberdeen would be perfect for me.

Can't say I honestly know anything about the guy, but he sure talks the talk

Klimpl eyes Dons move

By Richard Bailey   Last updated: 24th June 2009

First choice

According to todays daily retard he is going to Cardiff.

According to todays daily retard he is going to Cardiff.

Aye BBC gossip was saying they are trying to hijack our bid to sign him. I think I'd prefer him to Hughes, as he's shown interest in playing for us/MM. I don't think Smith would agree to sign for us surely? Whilst I think we need to provide genuine competition, I can't see him accepting to join us and sit on the bench, and I think our money could be better utilised elsewhere in the team.

Yet another average player (let's be honest he's not really any better than we've got/had) can fuck over the desperate hoor that is Aberdeen FC

"Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please sign for us"

:finger:

Hamann released by city, how good would he be as our lynchpin in midfield. Maybe he's made so much cash he'd come for the enjoyment of weekly action.

I think he's going to play back in Germania until the end of his career if I mind right.