Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer targets and a re-signing Jamie Smith?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Paterson's a left back, would assume that means Mulgrew will be moved into midfield (his best position imo).

Do we need another striker?

Do any of our strikers score anything like enough goals  ::)

I like Hughes but just can't see him coming anyway. Think Kimpl helped change Well for the better when he signed in jan he just added that extra bite in the middle. Also we don't know how long Kerr will be out for??

I would also offer Smith a one year deal as i think we will struggle to replace him so might as well sign him if we get to the bottom of his injury problems.

I am going to phone the club and recommend a cranial sacral therapist  :thumbsup:

We have failed the last few years, so i doubt it will change this summer.

Remember Scott Booth was always injured went to Holland they managed to check out his injuries and got to the bottom of it after that was hardly injured. Maybe Mcghee has someone else we can send him to have a look at the injury and get it sorted.

Not sure just would rather have Smith playing than Dung or Duff who both had bad injuries last season. On less wages as well

Remember Scott Booth was always injured went to Holland and they managed to check out his injuries and got to the bottom of it after that was hardly injured. Maybe Mcghee has someone else we can send him to have a look at the injury and get it sorted.

Not sure just would rather have Smith playing than Dung or Duff who both had bad injuries last season. On less wages as well

Reekie Red got two accounts?

That would be a fair coup and would also stick it right up Hertz.  :thumbsup:

I know they're are some that don't rate him but I think he's a good player. Him, Kerr and McDonald could be great. My main worry is Hughes and McDonald seem to be more attacking players, with our dodgy defence can we afford to play with 5 attackers?

I know they're are some that don't rate him but I think he's a good player. Him, Kerr and McDonald could be great. My main worry is Hughes and McDonald seem to be more attacking players, with our dodgy defence can we afford to play with 5 attackers?

We had the 4th best defence in the previous season, but only the 6th best attack. Provided we can replace Severin and maybe even another couple of defenders, I'd say we were in good shape for a more attacking formation.

We had the 4th best defence in the previous season, but only the 6th best attack. Provided we can replace Severin and maybe even another couple of defenders, I'd say we were in good shape for a more attacking formation.

I think that was a lot to do with Langfield having the season of his life because we lost some really basic goals.

Don't disagree the defence needs improving, but it shouldn't be given higher priority than scoring goals imo.

At the moment we need defenders more than we need strikers. I'll not be happy if we spunk money away on a new striker when our only CB's are Zander and Considine.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scott...ER_Abereen.html

Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee is hopeful of making Stephen Hughes one of his first summer signings.

The midfielder's contract with Motherwell has expired and he has been linked with both Hearts and clubs south of the border.

However, McGhee believes his previous relationship with the 26-year-old at Fir Park could be enough to tempt him to Pittodrie.

"I'm fairly hopeful," said the new Dons boss.

"So far Stephen's options that he's been given by his agent and by clubs don't really jump out at him.

"I think we have an advantage in the sense that he knows us and he likes working with us."

Jim Paterson, who quit Motherwell for Plymouth in January 2008, is another target but reports linking Maros Klimpl with a move north are wide of the mark.

"Maros Klimpl is not someone I've been looking at," said McGhee.

On Paterson, however, he added: "He's a good footballer, he's left-sided, he gives you options in left midfield and at left-back.

"I'm just tying to look at all the permutations. Jim Paterson is one that's on the radar."

McGhee is also willing to hold talks with Jamie Smith, who is out of contract this summer and has been linked with a move to Toronto FC.

The former Celtic and ADO Den Haag winger has been plagued by injury during his time at Pittodrie and McGhee has yet to decide whether to offer him a new deal.

He told REDTV: "At this stage, I wouldn't say he is someone I'd like to keep.

"What I would do, I'd like to explore exactly what went on with him, the injuries he has had.

"I've initiated some discussions between the club and his agent and Jamie himself just so that I can try to get to the bottom of why someone who could really be a good player for Aberdeen is leaving and why he has had these injury problems.

"I just want to examine that. I'm not saying at the moment we are going to re-sign but I'm going to look into it."