Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dundee Spend Equivalent of our Entire Budget on 1 Player

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf the fuck!?

Weird you should say that, I was just thinking the same...

I know a guy down here who regularly is invited to the corporate hospitality at Firhill by the directors of Fatprick Whistle.  The boy that we were after last season who eventually signed for Dundee (i forget his name) went for £150k.  We made a bid of £40k.  :-[  But £500k?  That's mental...

Weird you should say that, I was just thinking the same...

I know a guy down here who regularly is invited to the corporate hospitality at Firhill by the directors of Fatprick Whistle.  The boy that we were after last season who eventually signed for Dundee (i forget his name) went for £150k.  We made a bid of £40k.  :-[  But £500k?  That's mental...

Think it was Gary Harkins.  Mate of mine is Dundee fan and reckons he's a cut above first division standard.

Anyway.... this Calum Melville boy likes to talk doesn't he?  Obviously I'm hugely jealous, but I'd love to see this nonsense at Dundee ending in tears.

Anyway.... this Calum Melville boy likes to talk doesn't he?  Obviously I'm hugely jealous, but I'd love to see this nonsense at Dundee ending in tears.

You think they'd have learned from last time they spunked away lots of money and almost went to the wall, but apparantly not!

This is surely just a bit of mischief making. UTD will never sell the guy to Dundee for that amount when they are looking for £1m+ (think they have said £2m!). Melville knows this and there is no chance of him moving. What better way to get Dundee fans cramming themselves into Dens Park than to come out publicly and state that you are able to pay more wages and have more money than your biggest rivals? You are effectively putting a marker down to say 'we are bigger than you and are an SPL side'. I think in terms of PR its a pretty good move.

This is surely just a bit of mischief making. UTD will never sell the guy to Dundee for that amount when they are looking for £1m+ (think they have said £2m!). Melville knows this and there is no chance of him moving. What better way to get Dundee fans cramming themselves into Dens Park than to come out publicly and state that you are able to pay more wages and have more money than your biggest rivals? You are effectively putting a marker down to say 'we are bigger than you and are an SPL side'. I think in terms of PR its a pretty good move.

Agreed, can only be a good thing for the TMSTID :D I don't think anyone at Dundee would be stupid enough to actually allow the club to go down the same route as they did before, surely? ;D

Strange thing is, this lad Melville is an Aberdeen fan!

It says it all when an Aberdeen fan would rather invest heavily at Dens than watch it get pissed away at Pittodrie

To be honest, I wonder if he's a bit of an ego maniac. There are ways to invest in the team, without handing it to a manager/board he doesn't agree with. Why not invest directly in the youth setup? I just wonder if this wasn't big enough for him?

To be honest, I wonder if he's a bit of an ego maniac. There are ways to invest in the team, without handing it to a manager/board he doesn't agree with. Why not invest directly in the youth setup? I just wonder if this wasn't big enough for him?

I think you are right manc. This guy clearly wants to be the big cheese. He is deliberately going at making a big splash. Its quite funny and is certainly getting it up UTD, always a crowd pleaser!

Well it's already working.

Bigger crowd at Dens this weekend than at New Douglas Park, Rugby Park and the new Love Street

Well it's already working.

Bigger crowd at Dens this weekend than at New Douglas Park, Rugby Park and the new Love Street

You can't fault the galvanising effect that this sort of chat has on the fans. They just have to be careful not to actually spend too much money. Talk cost nothing.