Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dundee Spend Equivalent of our Entire Budget on 1 Player

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/sfl/sfl-1st-division/2009/06/07/livingston-hitkid-leigh-griffiths-on-brink-of-300k-move-to-dundee-78057-21421933/

That offer for Leigh Griffiths should calm the crazy Livingston chairman down a bit..

Wish to fuck our board had that kind of money to throw at our squad - here's hoping some dumb yank related to ESPN has been conned into investing

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a sensational move from Dundee, showing great ambition... but as I've already mentioned, you have to question where they'd find that sort of money.

Celtic, the biggest team in Scotland, are baulking over playing £1million of compensation for a manager.... while Dundee can afford to spunk £300,000 on a single player!

I can only think they're attempting to speculate to accumulate... this boy is apparently the real deal (I've only seen him play three times in total, one of which was a substitute appearance, so can't really comment first hand).  They'll be hoping they can sell him on for 7-figures in about a year, while in the mean time he scores the goals to get them promoted.

Nope, that was the boy Bennet (I think) he sold the ground to the "Aberdeen Fan" who is pumping loads of cash into Dundee as he didn't like the abuse SM got from aberdeen fans.

A journalist mate spoke to Melville and contrary to reports he is not pumping a lot of money in to the club. He did buy in but chose Dundee as he simply wants to be involved in the running of a football club and couldn't afford to buy in to Aberdeen.

Since when was our budget £300k? Nonsense

Might be nonsense dave_min, but thats headlines for you - I would be astounded if we manage to equal it and shell out 300K on a player.

Astounded and delighted right enough..

If I was a Dundee fan, I'd be slightly worried about spending that amount of cash on a player.  It was all tea and cakes when the Bonnetti revolution came swaggering through dens, spending out with their means until reality hit home and it nearly finished the club.

Might be nonsense dave_min, but thats headlines for you - I would be astounded if we manage to equal it and shell out 300K on a player.

Astounded and delighted right enough..

Sounds about the level of fee it'll take it we want Clarkson to join us

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere but they managed to get the lad Griffiths for £125,000 ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/8108160.stm )

They must be pretty confident of getting promoted to be spending money like that, probably more than anyone outside Celtic and Rangers will spend in total this summer.

On top of Griffiths they have also signed Brian Kerr, Chris Casement, Richie Hart, Sean Higgins and Pat Clarke.

:o

What price administration if, come the end of December, they're totally out of the race for promotion?

Remember reading that they have cleared their debt recently so administration is not likely to be on the card for a while yet.

Guest ally s

They cannot afford that! Wtf the fuck? There have to be instalments and sell ons and shit in there. Reputedly this dude is bit of a knob away from the park.

I've had the displeasure of being in his company on a night out, to describe him as a bit of a knob would be an understatement!