Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

"McGhee to be named Dons manager" - Sunday Herald

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it so. Aye, UTD got the better of us at Tannadice but Levein is a fucking shite manager who plays shite football with shite clubs. If that's your ambition for Aberdeen then fair play to you, but I want a little bit more than that.

His football isn't exactly shit, United arn't a shit club, probably just a bit shitter than us and smaller, levein done well at hearts aswell, also look at the team when Levein came in and look at it now, see what he done with a shit club with his shit football.

Compare the teams before Levein came, and at the end of this season.

Before:

GK - Stillie

RB - Archibald

CB - McCracken

CB - Mair

LB - Kalvenes

RM - Duff

CM - Cameron

CM - Kerr

LM - Robson

ST - Hunt

ST - Samuel

After:

GK - Zaluska

RB - Kovacevic

CB - Wilkie

CB - Kenneth

LB - Dixon

RM - Caddis

CM - S. Robertson

CM - Gomis

LM - Conway

ST - Sandaza

ST - Goodwillie

Out of the old team, I'd only have Robson (sold for 1.3mil), Hunt (sold for 600k), and Kalvenes (let's not go into that) back into the team - and all 3 of them took a step up and furthered their careers, where as seemingly everyone else went backwards, except Kerr, who went sideways. He's totally transformed the team, and it's now the youngest in the SPL, which is good for future sales etc.

Levein has a plan, and unlike most managers in the modern era, is being allowed to execute that plan, we clearly are going forwards (this season out highers points total for 13 years), and have spent practically bugger all. Instant success is no substitute for long term stability. Not a dig at Motherwell or McGhee, but I'd rather have 5th then 5th, rather than 3rd then 7th.

Also his SPL record is pretty good.

took over hearts halfway through 2000/01, they were 5th & ended up 5th,

2001/02 - 5th

2002/03 - 3rd

2003/04 - 3rd

took over united in 2006/07 when bottom after 12 games and being humped week in week out on a run of 3 wins in 30 games and got us to 9th comfortable, no relegation battle.

2007/08 - 5th & LCup Final (should have won)

2008/09 - 5th

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His football isn't exactly shit, United arn't a shit club, probably just a bit shitter than us and smaller, levein done well at hearts aswell, also look at the team when Levein came in and look at it now, see what he done with a shit club with his shit football.

Also his SPL record is pretty good.

took over hearts halfway through 2000/01, they were 5th & ended up 5th,

2001/02 - 5th

2002/03 - 3rd

2003/04 - 3rd

took over united in 2006/07 when bottom after 12 games and being humped week in week out on a run of 3 wins in 30 games and got us to 9th comfortable, no relegation battle.

2007/08 - 5th & LCup Final (should have won)

2008/09 - 5th

OOps  ;D

So you want someone with a record when at his very best is no better than Jimmys. Are you high? He did well at Leicester eh?

Honestly Mini, you're a nice guy in person but your brain turns to shit when you're in front of a keyboard.

5 top 6 finishes and a cup final, oh aye, that's right Jimmy got us to a cup final didn't he?

5 top 6 finishes and a cup final, oh aye, that's right Jimmy got us to a cup final didn't he?

No, but he took us to Dnipro, Madrid and Munich and gave us some of the most incredible European nights we've had at Pittodrie since the 80's. Levein probably doesn't even have a fucking passport.

I'd rather have Levein than McGhee.

But I'd rather have Jimmy than either of them.  JC's record is far more impressive than those two.  Last 32 of uefa cup (and the memories of Munich and Copenhagen games) pisses all over a league cup runners up spot.

No, but he took us to Dnipro, Madrid and Munich and gave us some of the most incredible European nights we've had at Pittodrie since the 80's. Levein probably doesn't even have a fucking passport.

No wonder nothing is good enough for you, still living in the 80s, typical dons fan.

I'd rather have Levein than McGhee.

But I'd rather have Jimmy than either of them.  JC's record is far more impressive than those two.  Last 32 of uefa cup (and the memories of Munich and Copenhagen games) pisses all over a league cup runners up spot.

Oh, that's right the record of the most defencive football ever seen, what was it one win out of a possible 8.

No wonder nothing is good enough for you, still living in the 80s, typical dons fan.

Oh, that's right the record of the most defencive football ever seen, what was it one win out of a possible 8.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

:hammer:

::)

Jesus christ. Do you have any clue about Football at all.

And given the choice of watching us loose a cup final to the OF at Hampden, or losing to Bayern Munich in Munich? Easy choice.

As for your 'Transformed' the United team, go take a look at the Dons team pre-JC and look at who he brought in.

How so?  Head to head, levein at a smaller club with a much smaller budget yet they can beat us, incidently when was the last time we beat DUndee United?

Poor fishing as usual.

We've consistently had better seasons than Dundee Utd while Calderwood and Levein have been in charge.

Plus, Levein's style of football is even worse than Calderwood's.

Poor fishing as usual.

We've consistently had better seasons than Dundee Utd while Calderwood and Levein have been in charge.

Plus, Levein's style of football is even worse than Calderwood's.

I think Levein is better, you don't, fair enough, if Levein was here I'm sure we would finish third more regular than we did under jimmy, you dismiss this as fishing all you want, i know you can't back Jimmy up as he was shite, as for leveins style of football is was good enough to beat us several times, eh?

I think Levein is better, you don't, fair enough, if Levein was here I'm sure we would finish third more regular than we did under jimmy, you dismiss this as fishing all you want, i know you can't back Jimmy up as he was shite, as for leveins style of football is was good enough to beat us several times, eh?

Over the course we still finished higher. That's what counts.

If you prefer a couple of wins over season long performances then fair enough.