Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

"McGhee to be named Dons manager" - Sunday Herald

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Mark, with the most fickle support in the land. Hughes wouldn't be a bad signing at all but I reckon our central pairing are better. Still, a good player.

Well, we'd need cover now that Mark Kerr has decided to become a nutter ;)

McGhee ain't my first pick, but he was certainly not my last. Him being Dons manager has prompted a rub on the chin and a "hmmmmmmm" from me. When JC was appointed, I screamed "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh" in pain.

If he is confirmed as manager, then good luck to him. It's probably the toughest managerial job in Scotland. The Old Firm and Hearts have money to spend. United, Hibs and co don't really have that big ambitions. A top six finish is seen as a monumental success for any team outside of Rangers, Celtic or Aberdeen. But the Aberdeen manager has fuckall money to play with and has to deal with a horrible disease that spreads to every single player that moves to the Granite City that turns them from "promising/proven talent" into "shite that only turns on the style four times a season".

Good luck Mark, you're gonna need it!

Dundee United have finished in the top6 2 season in a row now.

2 top 6 finishes and no trophys? Calderwoods record pissed all over his yet you decided to join the infantile witch hunt against him. You're just proving that the JMG mob haven't got a fucking clue.

I think the point being made here is that the Arabs and Avril had one over on us for most of the time JC was in charge, kind of a sick jinx.

Culminating in the game we lost due to Langfield being in fear of his life due to a couple of lighters..

2 top 6 finishes and no trophys? Calderwoods record pissed all over his yet you decided to join the infantile witch hunt against him. You're just proving that the JMG mob haven't got a fucking clue.

Still cut up about the JMG stuff?  FFS Jimmy has gone and had he stayed he would have proved most of to be right with his failing tactics and constant ramblings that made my shit on here look like cutting edge stuff.

Levein is a better manager than Jimmy, he was on a tighter budget at a much smaller club than Aberdeen, got them to a cup final out of a possible 4, Jimmy got us to none out of a possible 10, that is a fucking shocking yet you still think Jimmy is better.

How so?  Head to head, levein at a smaller club with a much smaller budget yet they can beat us, incidently when was the last time we beat DUndee United?

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it so. Aye, UTD got the better of us at Tannadice but Levein is a fucking shite manager who plays shite football with shite clubs. If that's your ambition for Aberdeen then fair play to you, but I want a little bit more than that.