Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Latest from AFC

Really thought you were in the MMIG camp Mini ???

Nope, think he is in the top 3 candidates we can hope for, slightly better than JC but far from my first choice, now I think he is turncoat fud who will hopefully fuckup big style at Celtic once he is comfirmed.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, think he is in the top 3 candidates we can hope for, slightly better than JC but far from my first choice, now I think he is turncoat fud who will hopefully fuckup big style at Celtic once he is comfirmed.

Why is he a turncoat? He played for both clubs.

Was chatting to a mate who knows a few of the backrom staff at Motherwell the other night. The word over there was that when McGhee was on the plane to see Mad Vlad about the Hearts job he got a call from Celtic/Strachan saying that he was going and the job could be up for grabs at Celtic. Thats why McGhee bumped Hearts. Unfortuantely, Burns threw a seven and so Strachan stayed on at Celtic for another year. I didn't check the timing of these events so its probably all pish but it might go some way to explaining why McGhee is holding out, despite Celtic appearing interested in candidates elsewhere.

I don't think we can judge anyone until the nature of the offers on the table are made clear.

For all we know McGhee is signed sealed and delivered as AFC manager agreed last week.

For all we know Aberdeen have already been turned down by McGhee.

The simple fact is we don't know and we cannot go judging folk. Especially when this person concerned could turn out to be our new manager requiring 100% support form all Dons fans.

As for MIG MMG - please not all that shite again...

Ajja - heard the same story you just posted from a Jambo prior to Laslo being appointed

Celtic fans certainly not happy at all at the prospect of McGhee as manager so if they appoint him it will be interesting. Talk of a high profile assistant to sweeten the deal though. Bookies and betfair odds up and down like a yo-yo so nobody seems to really know what is going on.

Celtic fans certainly not happy at all at the prospect of McGhee as manager so if they appoint him it will be interesting. Talk of a high profile assistant to sweeten the deal though. Bookies and betfair odds up and down like a yo-yo so nobody seems to really know what is going on.

Herr Henrik.

Dons Home in on Mark

Willie Miller has confirmed that the Club has approached Motherwell and received permission to talk to the Fir Park manager, former Pittodrie star Mark McGhee.

However, the Aberdeen Director of Football has cautioned that while things are looking positive in terms of confirming the appointment of the Motherwell boss, there is still work to be done. "We have made contact with the Fir Park club and were given permission to approach Mark. While subsequent discussions have been extremely encouraging, I've been involved in the game far too long not to realise there are many pitfalls that can affect things at this crucial stage, not least of which is the agreement of compensation between Motherwell and ourselves.

"Obviously we are currently attempting to reach an agreement on all fronts as soon as possible but until everything is finalised, and despite some media reports to the contrary, it would be premature to confirm that Mark will be the new Aberdeen manager or place a definitive timescale on when we might be in a position to do so."