Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Latest from AFC

I'm still surprised that McGhee is even a candidate for the Tim job.

Any roads, surely if he wants to go there and they wanted him, then they'd have him by now?

He must be 5th or 6th choice and the ones in front of him are being whittled away... looks like Martinez has turned them down along with Coyle and most probably Mowbray. According to the Guardian yesterday, Levein is ahead of McGhee in their preferences too.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the search for a replacement for Jimmy Calderwood continues, Pittodrie Director of Football Willie Miller is assuring Dons fans that everything possible is being done to make sure the new manager is in place as soon as is practical.

"I can completely understand that fans are becoming frustrated as time moves on and, believe me, I share that frustration. However, obviously we could not even begin the task of finding someone until after the end of the season as both Jimmy and myself had agreed the first priority was to clinch a return to Europe and we did not want anything to divert from that focus by anything coming out before the Hibs game.

"After our place in the Europa Cup was achieved, we have spent the subsequent ten days pulling out all of the stops to ensure no time has been wasted but the simple fact is, these things do take a bit of time.

"The fact there are several senior vacancies up for grabs at present has probably not helped either, particularly when quite a few names are being linked with several positions at the same time.

"I know patience is not something that sits easily in football but that really is the message right now. The fact nobody has been appointed yet has not affected plans for the new season in that we are currently finalising our pre-season plans and the players are all aware of what is expected of them in terms of fitness levels on their return.

"I am working flat out to finalise matters and as soon as I have done that, we will be in a position to make an announcement ahead of what I am confident will be an exciting era for the Club. Until that time however, I do urge all supporters to be patient although I know it's not easy!"

I think that pretty much confirms McGhee.

MMGMG Must Go

He must be 5th or 6th choice and the ones in front of him are being whittled away... looks like Martinez has turned them down along with Coyle and most probably Mowbray. According to the Guardian yesterday, Levein is ahead of McGhee in their preferences too.

I think the way things are going at the Tattie Dome that McGhee may well end up being offered the job there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8080922.stm

Aberdeen director of football Willie Miller has said he is "pleasantly surprised" by the interest to succeed manager Jimmy Calderwood.

He said there have been "dozens of applications" from home and abroad, including the Faroe Islands.

They include several former Aberdeen players.

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee and Wigan assistant Eric Black, both former Dons strikers, are among the favourites to take over at Pittodrie.

Craig Levein is also fancied by bookmakers.

Severin?

Apparently Original 106 are reporting that an "offer has been made" to our new management team.

Ties in nicely with Northsound earlier reporting that Celtic are due to announce their new manager today.

Read that on Mad as well.

Hughes being courted by Swansea as well so unlikely him ?

McGhee's odds have falen quite a bit on betfair and he is now favourite...for the Celtic job.

Great. So because Celtic's credibility has dropped through the floor and nobody wants the gig then our plans have to be thrown into a shitstorm. Fucking OF are always at the trough hoovering it up and no other fucker gets a look in.

Wonder what those involved in the Dingus wankfest are making of this ???

Surely all it means is that there has been a rush on the bookies betting for him. It snatural that would happen if the main targets are knocking Celtic back. Doesn't mean they necessarily want McGhee.

Surely all it means is that there has been a rush on the bookies betting for him. It snatural that would happen if the main targets are knocking Celtic back. Doesn't mean they necessarily want McGhee.

As ever the voice of reason and probably spot on Ajja, but can think of certain individuals on other sites who could end up with massive amounts of egg plastered all o'er their coupons ;)

In two days though he has fallen from 30/1 to favourite, an awful lot of cash must have been placed within the last 24 hours, infact, he was still at 10s this lunchtime.

What are they making of this news on AFMcGheeChat Mini?

Check for yourself, it's hard to say really, I am happy as fuck as I now really dislike Mcghee for the way he has treated this, others are gutted and some are still thinking we can get him yet if we don't he'll still be their red eyed boy.

Check for yourself, it's hard to say really, I am happy as fuck as I now really dislike Mcghee for the way he has treated this, others are gutted and some are still thinking we can get him yet if we don't he'll still be their red eyed boy.

Really thought you were in the MMIG camp Mini ???