Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Don of a new era.........

Who then?

This is why in one of the threads on here today I said I was warming to the idea of McInnes.

He's done well with St Johnstone. A bit of an unknown quantity. Young in management terms, I'm assuming ambitious. A knowledge of English lower leagues from playing days. A knowledge of Scottish lower league from this season. Knows what Scottish fotball is about.

Only problem would be him being an "ex hun ex jute ned" tm afchat ;).

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why in one of the threads on here today I said I was warming to the idea of McInnes.

He's done well with St Johnstone. A bit of an unknown quantity. Young in management terms, I'm assuming ambitious. A knowledge of English lower leagues from playing days. A knowledge of Scottish lower league from this season. Knows what Scottish fotball is about.

Sounds perfect, but you and me both know that there is a section of the Dons support who will never back him as a Dons manager for the same reasons they never backed JC.

Sounds perfect, but you and me both know that there is a section of the Dons support who will never back him as a Dons manager for the same reasons they never backed JC.

he he! just edited my original post to say the same thing, great minds eh!

the hodgson reference was just a tongue in cheek comment referring to your need for an ex-don, or someone with experience within Scottish football! I agree McInnes does sound good, I also understand why you feel Calderwood shouldn't have been sacked. I also think we shouldn't be too hasty in dismissing anyone. I'll be happier when a decision has been made either way, I just don't want it to be done TOO hastily. And then we can all get right behind him and see Aberdeen do well, and get Pittodrie (or wherever we end up playing) bouncing!! No matter who he used to play for!!

Only problem would be him being an "ex hun ex jute ned" tm afchat ;).

He's got more going for him than people give him credit for. Even Owen Coyle couldn't get St Johnstone out of Division 1. Good cup record for a wee team, some nice football and with a simple 442 (every time I've seen them anyway). Must be persuasive too, demonstrated by getting that obnoxious twat Jody Morris to ditch the Coca-Cola for the footballing mecca of Perth.

He's got more going for him than people give him credit for. Even Owen Coyle couldn't get St Johnstone out of Division 1. Good cup record for a wee team, some nice football and with a simple 442 (every time I've seen them anyway). Must be persuasive too, demonstrated by getting that obnoxious twat Jody Morris to ditch the Coca-Cola for the footballing mecca of Perth.

Indeed, not a bad candidate but will the powerful AFC hat lobbyists accept another orange cunt in charge? The power brokers over there really must be kept onside with this decision.

Loving it on the hat where they are claiming even if McGhee waits to find out if he gets the tic job before he accepts ours it still shows he's committed. Thankfully some of them are smart enough to have put them in their place.

McGhee is very much committed. To himself.

Not necessarily a big criticism but should someone come looking for him at a later date, should he get the job, he would most likely bolt. He has Form.

Just out of interest and not starting my own rumour but...

Did McInnes and Jess play together in Englandshire, I have a feeling I am confused and merely saw them in cosecutive games, but as co-managers could the doom-mongers and naysayers have much to moan about?

Just out of interest and not starting my own rumour but...

Did McInnes and Jess play together in Englandshire, I have a feeling I am confused and merely saw them in cosecutive games, but as co-managers could the doom-mongers and naysayers have much to moan about?

Hmmmm....

Would having an Aberdeen legend beside him be good enough to forgive a Hun being in charge...

Don't think they did, McInnes was at West Brom and Millwall down south from what i remember so wouldn't have been with Jess at either of them

More I think about it the more I think it was Millwall one week and Northampton the week after. Think Maurice Ross was playing for Millwall at that time too.