Don of a new era.........

Where have millwall been since he left?

FA Cup final and UEFA Cup

Where did leicester go when he left

Back to the premiership, 2 league cups, UEFA Cup

Where did wolves go when he left?

The Premiership

Brighton

20th place in a league of 24 impresses you?

Motherwell

ooh boo hoo they lost some players. Thats why they couldnt make it into the top 6 again . Calderwood of course never lost Anderson, Smith, Nicolson, Miller, Hart or anyone else.

I dont wish to doubt your experience of football management but putting all yer faith in someone who has done less than Jimmy Calderwood doesnt strike you as a bit misguided?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest, (apart from myself obviously) who would your lead applicant be?

As I said on another thread, I have no idea. I can completely understand the board wanting change but they better be fucking certain about making the next choice another good one.

One of the reasons why I don't get the clamour for JC's head. I can't think of a genuinely obvious and outstanding candidate that would want the job and do a better job of it than JC.

My opinion was some change had to be better then no change.

If said person whoever it is gets the same financial backing as calderwood i can see us doing well - we have some exciting young players at the club, i think we can move forward!

Mark McGhee is a carbon copy of Jimmy Calderwood. There would be no improvement under McGhee so there is no point in him becoming manager or sacking caderwood and giving him a large payoff and I wanted Calderwood out. I would thank him for the stability he has brought to the club but do feel that it was time for a change.

I would prefer a new face maybe someone like Stevie Nicol who has been in America for a good few years and may bring a fresh, new and exciting outlook with different ideas for training etc. If Jim Jeffries gets the job I'm going to smash my own face in in despair.

My opinion was some change had to be better then no change.

If said person whoever it is gets the same financial backing as calderwood i can see us doing well - we have some exciting young players at the club, i think we can move forward!

You have no evidence for that at all stoney. No change probably meant consistent league position and qualification for Europe and writing off the cups.

But you have no way of saying that JC couldn't have done as good/better a job than his replacement has done?

I'll try to remember that when im waving my dons scarf at the passing open top bus after we win the cup (either) next season  :thumbsup:

Can you justify yourself for the "no way O'Driscoll"?

We want cup success - he's won two trophies with a shite team

Di Matteo has been touted - yet O'Driscoll has actually got his team promoted and managed to get mid table respectability after an awful start.  Actually managed to sort his team out mid way through a season unlike a lot of managers who find themselves out of depth in a higher league

Can you justify yourself for the "no way O'Driscoll"?

We want cup success - he's won two trophies with a shite team

Di Matteo has been touted - yet O'Driscoll has actually got his team promoted and managed to get mid table respectability after an awful start.  Actually managed to sort his team out mid way through a season unlike a lot of managers who find themselves out of depth in a higher league

Both of them are terrible choices, they know nothing about Aberdeen or Scottish football.